• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

where is cop shoots biker in the back thread???

scorpio_vette

imported post

i was looking for that thread, and can't seem to find it anywhere. did it get moved, or if removed, why???

hp-hobo

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
i was looking for that thread, and can't seem to find it anywhere. did it get moved, or if removed, why???
Well, I just checked your history and it looks like it disappeared. I too would like to know why it was removed.

Big brother IS watching.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
Well, I just checked your history and it looks like it disappeared. I too would like to know why it was removed.

Big brother IS watching.
Yes. Big Brother is the moderators. They've made it clear that police bashing threads and off-topic threads are not appreciated.

That thread was started as a cop bash, and ran that way for several posts, and was then locked.

An identical thread was started, I guess at the same time in another sub-forum. I stepped into this second thread and steered the discussion towards self-defense. So far, the second thread is teetering on the edge ofcop bashing with little other self-defense analysis. If it keeps going the way it seems, it will likely be locked, too.

From the forum rules:

5) While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer).

The owners do not want it. Please take it somewhere else.

hp-hobo

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Yes. Big Brother is the moderators. They've made it clear that police bashing threads and off-topic threads are not appreciated.

That thread was started as a cop bash, and ran that way for several posts, and was then locked.

An identical thread was started, I guess at the same time in another sub-forum. I stepped into this second thread and steered the discussion towards self-defense. So far, the second thread is teetering on the edge ofcop bashing with little other self-defense analysis. If it keeps going the way it seems, it will likely be locked, too.

From the forum rules:

5) While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer).

You need to calm yourself down there little fella. I neither started the originalthread,participated in the original thread, nor do I need a brown noser quoting forumrules to me. Very honestly, if you don't like the direction or tone of a thread, you should just stay away from it. Like this one.

To put it in words you may understand, please take it somewhere else. :quirky

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Citizen wrote:

From the forum rules:

You need to calm yourself down there little fella. I neither started the originalthread,participated in the original thread, nor do I need a brown noser quoting forumrules to me. Very honestly, if you don't like the direction or tone of a thread, you should just stay away from it. Like this one.

To put it in words you may understand, please take it somewhere else. :quirky

Brown-noser?

The best you got is to accuse me of over-reacting based on a post devoid of hyperbole?

Then assume that because I continue beyond my initial remark about Big Brother that I am targeting the entire post at you? As an author of thesubject thread?

Then call me a brown-noser for supporting the forum rules on a forum where you post as a free guest of the owners/moderators?

If I can use a little self-discipline to stifleany personal cop-bashing impulse when one of these stories arises in the pressand respect the owners/moderators wishes, so can others.

I even proceeded from the viewpoint that newer members may have missed reading the rules and might not know about the no-cop-bashing rule. You'll notice I didn't say anything like "let me remind everybody of the forum rules."

You will gain more credibility if you recognize that any forum member is free to point out a breach of the rules or etiquette as a means of self-moderating--keeping each other on the path, rather than treating the owners/moderators as "parents" who should be ignored, or calling them Big Brother.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know :? it kind did apprear that you were brown nosing a little.:cool:

How is it cop bashing, when the Jack Booted Thug is clearly shown shooting an unarmed guy sitting on his bike in the back ? It's not bashing, it's called anger.