Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to CV67Pat and All Who Know Him

Post imported post

Since his banning, Pat has created numerous alternate accounts which he has used to post in a large number of threads. He has then updated the email addresses of these accounts to point to the private email addresses of other forum members causing them to receive hundreds of thread notifications. It has also resulted in email from OCDO being investigated as spam by at least one spam engine.

I have been able to document this "course of conduct" and am considering the best course of action. Under Michigan's Electronic Harassment / Cyberstalking laws (§§ 750.411h, 750.411i, and 750.411s), I believe that his actions are criminal and would subject him to possible prosecution as well as giving rise to civil action.

Pat ... if you are reading this ... or if anyone else reading this considers themselves a friend of Pat and is willing to pass along the message ... Consider this your last warning! I have prepared a detailed log of your activities and any further harassment will result in the matter being forwarded to local law enforcement.

------------

Never think that Paul Helmke or the Brady Campaign are the worst enemies of gun rights ... not when there are "supposed" gun rights supporters who can lay such a strong claim to the title!!!

Post imported post

Ah that explains so much!

I have a present in honor of Pat and all the spam I got!

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

This one goes out to Pat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psTUiQzNoxw

May he find new friends in the legal system.

A government that does not trust its law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust. James Madison.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. George Washington

Post imported post

I certainly do not wish to subject anyone to the tender mercies of the legal system. I just want the harassment to stop and my email address not to be flagged as SPAM.

John

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
    This one goes out to Pat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psTUiQzNoxw

May he find new friends in the legal system.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

My brief experience with this person tells me the only way to get compliance from him is to drop the hammer on him (fig. speaking).
    A government that does not trust its law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust. James Madison.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. George Washington

Banned

Post imported post

Anyway if Pat is banned from OCDO then how can he still have access to his accounts? How do we knowthese account that supposedly belong to Pat, havent been hacked? A guy name mike plays this exact same game with more then just ocdo thread's. Why isnt there a public announcement in regards to his childish game.

Banned

Post imported post

jpierce wrote:
    Since his banning, Pat has created numerous alternate accounts which he has used to post in a large number of threads. He has then updated the email addresses of these accounts to point to the private email addresses of other forum members causing them to receive hundreds of thread notifications. It has also resulted in email from OCDO being investigated as spam by at least one spam engine.

I have been able to document this "course of conduct" and am considering the best course of action. Under Michigan's Electronic Harassment / Cyberstalking laws (§§ 750.411h, 750.411i, and 750.411s), I believe that his actions are criminal and would subject him to possible prosecution as well as giving rise to civil action.

Pat ... if you are reading this ... or if anyone else reading this considers themselves a friend of Pat and is willing to pass along the message ... Consider this your last warning! I have prepared a detailed log of your activities and any further harassment will result in the matter being forwarded to local law enforcement.

------------

Never think that Paul Helmke or the Brady Campaign are the worst enemies of gun rights ... not when there are "supposed" gun rights supporters who can lay such a strong claim to the title!!!

Threats of this nature get no where especially with Pat. I truly hope you have proper documentation in regards to specific IP's. Contacting local Michigan law enforcement will do know good as Pat is not a resident of Michigan.

Post imported post

Banned accounts can still be accessed by the account owner ... they just cannot post or reply to threads or send PMs. Pat's use of the email notification feature to harass other members was (I must admit) a very clever way of using the forum to further his disagreement with other forum members.

As for other members who have alts ... that is not against the rules so long as they are not otherwise behaving badly.

I detest these kinds of issues and I would never have taken this public if it wasn't for the fact that we were on the verge of OCDO (and my personal email address) being declared a spammer!

wardog6d wrote:
    Anyway if Pat is banned from OCDO then how can he still have access to his accounts? How do we knowthese account that supposedly belong to Pat, havent been hacked? A guy name mike plays this exact same game with more then just ocdo thread's. Why isnt there a public announcement in regards to his childish game.

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    jpierce wrote:

------------

Threats of this nature get no where especially with Pat. I truly hope you have proper documentation in regards to specific IP's. Contacting local Michigan law enforcement will do know good as Pat is not a resident of Michigan.
    Ah but the FBI will find it interesting I am sure...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote
    Good point. I got so wrapped up in the fact that this is happening in the Michigan forum that I forgot the IP points to Florida (has he retired there or something?). Anyway ... that means that the applicable law will instead be Fla. Stat. §§ 817.568 & 784.048.

Banned

Post imported post

Thank you mods:celebrate

As a target of pat myself, this doesnt suprise me in the least. I support and encourage any decisions the site has made in enforcing this ban.

Pat did do some good here, but sometimeshes more trouble than he is worth.

Post imported post

John,

Pat is in a large motor home. He's doing this across multiple state lines, I'm sure he'll hang himself quite thoroughly. By the time it finally pierces his hubris that he has finally gone far over the line into the criminal and into the patriot act that he will try running as far as he can.

Mel

Banned

Post imported post

mel5051 wrote:
    John,

Pat is in a large motor home. He's doing this across multiple state lines, I'm sure he'll hang himself quite thoroughly. By the time it finally pierces his hubris that he has finally gone far over the line into the criminal and into the patriot act that he will try running as far as he can.

Mel
    Anyway ya thats it. He's tansporting multiple IP's across state lines....Therefore he falls under the patriot act of terrorism. Lame...

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    John,

Mel
    Anyway ya thats it. He's tansporting multiple IP across state lines....Therefore he falls under the patriot act of terrorism. Lame...
    Maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE making an arse of himself.

Post imported post

In any event even if he is going over multiple state lines his ip will change but his MAC will always be the same and will always point to him.

Asimple call to the isp can get you a mac if you have the proper authority, and i'm sure it could go to that if it needed to.

I have not received any spam and I have nothing personal against pat at all, I just want him to know it's better to let it go then risk getting in trouble over some BS.

Post imported post

TMI
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Banned

Post imported post

Master Control wrote:
    TMI
    good post
    gtfo
    this is about a serious problem not somewhere you can raise your post count

Banned

Post imported post

hmmm

Post imported post

I sorry you feel this way beerme, I am not trying to raise my post count.

is all that goes on here is attacks and such?

I took the post seriously, I post "TMI" as to much infomation in a quiet message to those people that understand that a mac address is NOT constant and a new NIC card or ethernet card can be purchased for as little as $7.00 retail or $.50 at any swap meet which will change the MAC address every time. but I was hoping not to expose this info to the person in question as he could be reading, now that the cats out the bag, I shall reframe from posting or responding toanything else.

i shall return your forum back to you beerme, seeya.

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Post imported post

On another note, he's probably using open wireless access points along the way, doing basic NAT, which means the MAC would be useless unless one of the AP's still had the MAC in the logs and law enforcement physically investigated his computer.

Banned

Post imported post

Dont worry about it Beerme. If this guy would bail that easily without knowing whats going on, I seriously question his fortitude, and ability to stand his ground online, with a LEO, armed criminal, or court.

Post imported post

I think if everyone would think before they push send....

Post imported post

iirc....pat still has many of his display pictures set as a pic of me,and part of mikestilly.

he goes in between FL and MI,from what i know he is in MI currently.

i support any legal actions against pat!

if he continues of course,no use in stirring the pot if he quits.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

I am not pursuing legal action so long as there is no further harassment of our members. That was the point of this thread ... to insure that this message reaches him.

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    iirc....pat still has many of his display pictures set as a pic of me,and part of mikestilly.

Post imported post

jpierce wrote:
    I am not pursuing legal action so long as there is no further harassment of our members. That was the point of this thread ... to insure that this message reaches him.

lil_freak_66 wrote:

Mr. Pierce,Maybe this thread should be locked . Its turning into a joke with people making comments on things they know nothing about. People adding opinions wont help cure the problem. If the Point of this thread was to send the message,I believe its been sent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast