• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Letter to CV67Pat and All Who Know Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Since his banning, Pat has created numerous alternate accounts which he has used to post in a large number of threads. He has then updated the email addresses of these accounts to point to the private email addresses of other forum members causing them to receive hundreds of thread notifications. It has also resulted in email from OCDO being investigated as spam by at least one spam engine.

I have been able to document this "course of conduct" and am considering the best course of action. Under Michigan's Electronic Harassment / Cyberstalking laws (§§ 750.411h, 750.411i, and 750.411s), I believe that his actions are criminal and would subject him to possible prosecution as well as giving rise to civil action.

Pat ... if you are reading this ... or if anyone else reading this considers themselves a friend of Pat and is willing to pass along the message ... Consider this your last warning! I have prepared a detailed log of your activities and any further harassment will result in the matter being forwarded to local law enforcement.

------------

Never think that Paul Helmke or the Brady Campaign are the worst enemies of gun rights ... not when there are "supposed" gun rights supporters who can lay such a strong claim to the title!!!

autosurgeon

imported post

Ah that explains so much!:cuss:

I have a present in honor of Pat and all the spam I got!

KickButt.gif

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Anyway if Pat is banned from OCDO then how can he still have access to his accounts? How do we knowthese account that supposedly belong to Pat, havent been hacked? A guy name mike plays this exact same game with more then just ocdo thread's. Why isnt there a public announcement in regards to his childish game.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

jpierce wrote:
Since his banning, Pat has created numerous alternate accounts which he has used to post in a large number of threads. He has then updated the email addresses of these accounts to point to the private email addresses of other forum members causing them to receive hundreds of thread notifications. It has also resulted in email from OCDO being investigated as spam by at least one spam engine.

I have been able to document this "course of conduct" and am considering the best course of action. Under Michigan's Electronic Harassment / Cyberstalking laws (§§ 750.411h, 750.411i, and 750.411s), I believe that his actions are criminal and would subject him to possible prosecution as well as giving rise to civil action.

Pat ... if you are reading this ... or if anyone else reading this considers themselves a friend of Pat and is willing to pass along the message ... Consider this your last warning! I have prepared a detailed log of your activities and any further harassment will result in the matter being forwarded to local law enforcement.

------------

Never think that Paul Helmke or the Brady Campaign are the worst enemies of gun rights ... not when there are "supposed" gun rights supporters who can lay such a strong claim to the title!!!

Threats of this nature get no where especially with Pat. I truly hope you have proper documentation in regards to specific IP's. Contacting local Michigan law enforcement will do know good as Pat is not a resident of Michigan.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Banned accounts can still be accessed by the account owner ... they just cannot post or reply to threads or send PMs. Pat's use of the email notification feature to harass other members was (I must admit) a very clever way of using the forum to further his disagreement with other forum members.

As for other members who have alts ... that is not against the rules so long as they are not otherwise behaving badly.

I detest these kinds of issues and I would never have taken this public if it wasn't for the fact that we were on the verge of OCDO (and my personal email address) being declared a spammer!

wardog6d wrote:
Anyway if Pat is banned from OCDO then how can he still have access to his accounts? How do we knowthese account that supposedly belong to Pat, havent been hacked? A guy name mike plays this exact same game with more then just ocdo thread's. Why isnt there a public announcement in regards to his childish game.

autosurgeon

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
jpierce wrote:

------------

Threats of this nature get no where especially with Pat. I truly hope you have proper documentation in regards to specific IP's. Contacting local Michigan law enforcement will do know good as Pat is not a resident of Michigan.
Ah but the FBI will find it interesting I am sure...

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

wardog6d wrote
Good point. I got so wrapped up in the fact that this is happening in the Michigan forum that I forgot the IP points to Florida (has he retired there or something?). Anyway ... that means that the applicable law will instead be Fla. Stat. §§ 817.568 & 784.048.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Thank you mods:celebrate

As a target of pat myself, this doesnt suprise me in the least. I support and encourage any decisions the site has made in enforcing this ban.

Pat did do some good here, but sometimeshes more trouble than he is worth.

mel5051

imported post

John,

Pat is in a large motor home. He's doing this across multiple state lines, I'm sure he'll hang himself quite thoroughly. By the time it finally pierces his hubris that he has finally gone far over the line into the criminal and into the patriot act that he will try running as far as he can.

Mel

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

mel5051 wrote:
John,

Pat is in a large motor home. He's doing this across multiple state lines, I'm sure he'll hang himself quite thoroughly. By the time it finally pierces his hubris that he has finally gone far over the line into the criminal and into the patriot act that he will try running as far as he can.

Mel
Anyway ya thats it. He's tansporting multiple IP's across state lines....Therefore he falls under the patriot act of terrorism. Lame...

autosurgeon

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
mel5051 wrote:
John,

Mel
Anyway ya thats it. He's tansporting multiple IP across state lines....Therefore he falls under the patriot act of terrorism. Lame...
Maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE making an arse of himself.

steve

imported post

In any event even if he is going over multiple state lines his ip will change but his MAC will always be the same and will always point to him.

Asimple call to the isp can get you a mac if you have the proper authority, and i'm sure it could go to that if it needed to.

I have not received any spam and I have nothing personal against pat at all, I just want him to know it's better to let it go then risk getting in trouble over some BS.

Master Control

imported post

I sorry you feel this way beerme, I am not trying to raise my post count.

is all that goes on here is attacks and such?

I took the post seriously, I post "TMI" as to much infomation in a quiet message to those people that understand that a mac address is NOT constant and a new NIC card or ethernet card can be purchased for as little as $7.00 retail or $.50 at any swap meet which will change the MAC address every time. but I was hoping not to expose this info to the person in question as he could be reading, now that the cats out the bag, I shall reframe from posting or responding toanything else.

i shall return your forum back to you beerme, seeya.

craigm

imported post

On another note, he's probably using open wireless access points along the way, doing basic NAT, which means the MAC would be useless unless one of the AP's still had the MAC in the logs and law enforcement physically investigated his computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.