Thread: Hawaii passes 2nd amendment protection bill and castle doctrine

Post imported post

I did not see this posted yet, if it is sorry.

http://www.infowars.com/2nd-amendmen...ncy-in-hawaii/

Way to go Hawaii!!!!

Post imported post

Wow, that is HUGE for that State.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes, definitely surprising considering it happened in Hawaii!

A good first step in trying to catch up with 2010 and, the rest of the Union...if that goal ever entered their minds (they seem pretty isolated out there from the mainland politically/culturally/socially).

WAY MORE to go toget up to speed withthe other leading states (their pro-gun laws) but this IS good news for HI.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

This is relatively meaningless, considering that HI is, in practice a "no issue" state for carry permits, and does not have OC at all.

Although HI technically is a "may issue" state for CC permits, there have been NO permits issued to non-LEO's or security professionals in the last 15 years. A woman who was a sister of a Police Chief got one about 10 years ago, but it was almost immediately revoked, because she was later determined by State officials to not have "necessary need". Public officials (Mayors, Judges, Legislators, the Governor) can't even get permits in HI...

HI also does not recognize ANY other state's permits. CC and OC is even more restrictive in HI than in notorious anti-gun states like CA, IL and MD. About the only jurisdiction with more restrictive carry laws than HI is Washington DC...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

That of which you speak is what I meant re: HI having a long way to go. But as the saying goes, you have to start somewhere.

At least with this, people's homes will be protected (unlike the people in Katrina's wake). I don't know how many citizens of HI have guns at home, but at least they can "shelter in place" during some emergency and defend the fort. Apparently, even THATwasn't legal before.

Sure, you need to be able to protect yourself AWAY from home -- can't stay home all day -- but hopefully, improvements such as making HI SHALL ISSUE and allowing OC will come.

And if I end up living there for a while, I will have AT LEAST these 2 new additions to HI gun laws. That's something. Definitely not enough, but something that was not there yesterday.

I was just saying that considering the DECADES of 'gun repression' in HI, I was surprised EVEN THIS happened.

But IMO, if HI does not get SHAMED into catching up with the other states OC/CC-wise, it should be SUED into it...maybe I'm destined to be the test case.

-- John D.

Post imported post

While HI is very restrictive on guns, with these two laws they are at least moving rathen than remaining stagnant. Now if only TX officials would get their fingers out of the wind and thier head out of their a**, then TX could start getting our laws corrected.

Post imported post

Things are SLOWLY starting to warm up around here, at least when it comes to self defense. I'm glad these 2 bills passed. I'm still hoping the "Shall Issue" bill will pass, but I'm starting to get the impression that it will stay where its at for now, and that ISN'T surprising for HI.

I like being stationed here (Navy), but come January I'm outta here, and headin' to Georgia. I'll still lend as much support as I can for the Shall-Issue bill.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    This is relatively meaningless, considering that HI is, in practice a "no issue" state for carry permits, and does not have OC at all.

Although HI technically is a "may issue" state for CC permits, there have been NO permits issued to non-LEO's or security professionals in the last 15 years. A woman who was a sister of a Police Chief got one about 10 years ago, but it was almost immediately revoked, because she was later determined by State officials to not have "necessary need". Public officials (Mayors, Judges, Legislators, the Governor) can't even get permits in HI...

HI also does not recognize ANY other state's permits. CC and OC is even more restrictive in HI than in notorious anti-gun states like CA, IL and MD. About the only jurisdiction with more restrictive carry laws than HI is Washington DC...
    Don't forget about NJ.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

In NJ, if your WWW (wealthy, white, and well-connected) you can usually "donate" your way into a permit. You can't even do that in HI...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

The Hawaiians are rather proud of their concept of "Aloha". Everyone thinks "Aloha" is Hawaiian for both "hello" and "goodbye" but of course it is much more. It is a concept of a comnmunal life wherein everyone is in harmony and free to "do their own thing" and everybody takes care of everyone else, and a lot of other stuff. It is "Aloha" to sit at a stop sign and wave cross traffic through, and the idiots in back of the waver are supposed to be so full of "Aloha" that they happily share in the charitable motivation of the idiot in front of them. They call the Mainland "the Land of No Aloha" because we honk when people screw up the order at a 4-way stop, for instance.

Hell's bells. With all this "Aloha" you would think the police would be superfluous. But they aren't, and they carry firearms.

"Aloha"? OY!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Alex,

Oh yeah? Okay. Well 'aloha' this (see video clipat the endof the article):

http://showhype.com/video/hawaiian_hotel/

(and probably other places)

...just kidding you, Alex.

-- John D.

[EDITED to remove Huffington Post website link]

Post imported post

Please don't link to sites which are crack pot fear mongering the-aliens-are-coming tabloid sites.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

[Deleted due to a misunderstanding]

Post imported post

cloud,

Sorry, I was referring to the OP, I should've hit 'quote' on the OP's topic instead of 'reply'.

Huffingtonpost is certainly not crackpot, it's reputable.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

She's an anti-gun liberal...that's enough for me, and you rightly called me on it.

The OTHER link I gave also has the video, so I will delete the Huffington link...no sense in giving her more "hits" for her web statistics to show how many people visit her site.

Regards,

-- John D.

Post imported post

jag06 wrote:
    I did not see this posted yet, if it is sorry.

http://www.infowars.com/2nd-amendmen...ncy-in-hawaii/

Way to go Hawaii!!!!
    Infowars is a crackpot site, you'll only see new people or idiots refer to the infowars site.

In the future, please refer reputable sites.

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    She's an anti-gun liberal...that's enough for me, and you rightly called me on it.

The OTHER link I gave also has the video, so I will delete the Huffington link.
    Even though it's the huffington post and there are certainly biased articles on the site, I've seen some well rounded pieces. Infowars on the otherhand is so crackpot it will make any educated individual cringe. i.e. "omg omg omg vaccines cause autism" and other b.s. claims which have been shot down by many third party researchers.

I've never seen a crackpot piece on huffingtonpost. HP does tend to publish what I'd call Entertainment Weekly-style though.

Post imported post

Wow, very surprising. This native WI boy thinks it is a shame that my liberal state was beat by a more liberal state for a Castle Doctrine law.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    The Hawaiians are rather proud of their concept of "Aloha". Everyone thinks "Aloha" is Hawaiian for both "hello" and "goodbye" but of course it is much more. It is a concept of a comnmunal life wherein everyone is in harmony and free to "do their own thing" and everybody takes care of everyone else, and a lot of other stuff. It is "Aloha" to sit at a stop sign and wave cross traffic through, and the idiots in back of the waver are supposed to be so full of "Aloha" that they happily share in the charitable motivation of the idiot in front of them. They call the Mainland "the Land of No Aloha" because we honk when people screw up the order at a 4-way stop, for instance.

Hell's bells. With all this "Aloha" you would think the police would be superfluous. But they aren't, and they carry firearms.

"Aloha"? OY!

Most of my life I've done maintenance for a living. Up until about 12 years ago I was one of those Karma guys. Then I got on at a 700+acre park and overnight I became a Murphys Law guy. Too many peaceniks in Hawaii sounds like. Murphys Law is the way of the world since Adam and Eve whether you believe that way or not.

I'm glad to see Hawaii softening towards law abiding citizens where the 2A is concerned. This is a HUGE STEP for the people. Hooah!!

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    Infowars on the otherhand is so crackpot it will make any educated individual cringe. i.e. "omg omg omg vaccines cause autism" and other b.s. claims which have been shot down by many third party researchers.
    Yeah, really REPUTABLE third-party sources like Glaxo, Merck, or Bayer...

I'm not an apologist for Infowars or Alex Jones, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one, because you are DEAD WRONG, and you need to do some real research...

Prior to 1950, Autism Spectrum Disorder was one of the rarest neurological disorders on the planet. It was so rare that, even into the 1960's most General Practice MDs in the US had never seen a SINGLE case in their entire career. It was discovered (or rather, first stated as a clinical, specific diagnosis) in 1943, 12 years after Thimerosal (ethyl mercury) was first introduced as a "preservative" in the Pertussis vaccine. Autism wasn't first diagnosed in Europe until the 1950's, soon after European vaccine manufacturers first started using Thimerosal in their vaccines...

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/autism.html

http://www.fightingautism.org/idea/autism.php

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html

According to the CDC, there are over 3/4 million people between 0 and 21 years of age with ASD in the US alone. If this were ANY other affliction, the medical establishment would be crying "epidemic", like they have with acute juvenile diabetes, MS, and Limes Disease--all of which, BTW, have a lower incidence than ASD, and all of which, BTW, receive MUCH more research funding than ASD. Funny thing that...

And it's even a more funny thing that the only researchers that have received federal funding for ASD research with regards to the connection to vaccinations have been--to date, and to a one--companies which manufacture vaccines...

If you make a table with ASD symptoms on one side and the symptoms for low-level/early developmental mercury poisoning on the other side, the symptoms line up almost one-for-one.

Oh yeah, another funny thing about Thimerosal--the H1N1 vaccines ordered by the CDC for distribution to Congress and CAbinet-level officials in DC last year were all "individual dose" vials--NONE of which had Thimerosal, because the FDA only requires preservatives to be put into "multi-dose" vials--like the majority of the the vaccines that are distributed to GP's and clinics...

Just thought you'd like to know.

Anyone who flatly denies a connection between Thimerosal-laced vaccines and ASD is either COMPLETELY ignorant of the epidemiological history of Autism and it's rather remarkable coincidence with the rise in use of Thimerosal in vaccines, or is just an apologist for Big Pharma.

--Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

HAWAII????

Now I know it's the End Times.

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    insane.kangaroo wrote:
    Infowars on the otherhand is so crackpot it will make any educated individual cringe. i.e. "omg omg omg vaccines cause autism" and other b.s. claims which have been shot down by many third party researchers.

I'm not an apologist for Infowars or Alex Jones, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one, because you are DEAD WRONG, and you need to do some real research...

Prior to 1950, Autism Spectrum Disorder was one of the rarest neurological disorders on the planet. It was so rare that, even into the 1960's most General Practice MDs in the US had never seen a SINGLE case in their entire career. It was discovered (or rather, first stated as a clinical, specific diagnosis) in 1943, 12 years after Thimerosal (ethyl mercury) was first introduced as a "preservative" in the Pertussis vaccine. Autism wasn't first diagnosed in Europe until the 1950's, soon after European vaccine manufacturers first started using Thimerosal in their vaccines...

According to the CDC, there are over 3/4 million people between 0 and 21 years of age with ASD in the US alone. If this were ANY other affliction, the medical establishment would be crying "epidemic", like they have with acute juvenile diabetes, MS, and Limes Disease--all of which, BTW, have a lower incidence than ASD, and all of which, BTW, receive MUCH more research funding than ASD. Funny thing that...

And it's even a more funny thing that the only researchers that have received federal funding for ASD research with regards to the connection to vaccinations have been--to date, and to a one--companies which manufacture vaccines...

If you make a table with ASD symptoms on one side and the symptoms for low-level/early developmental mercury poisoning on the other side, the symptoms line up almost one-for-one.

Oh yeah, another funny thing about Thimerosal--the H1N1 vaccines ordered by the CDC for distribution to Congress and CAbinet-level officials in DC last year were all "individual dose" vials--NONE of which had Thimerosal, because the FDA only requires preservatives to be put into "multi-dose" vials--like the majority of the the vaccines that are distributed to GP's and clinics...

Anyone who flatly denies a connection between Thimerosal-laced vaccines and ASD is either COMPLETELY ignorant of the epidemiological history of Autism and it's rather remarkable coincidence with the rise in use of Thimerosal in vaccines, or is just an apologist for Big Pharma.
    Lots of good info Dreamer, thanks for sharing. I have known for a while that the vaccines caused ASD but did not know the exact reason why it causes it.

Kangaroo, I trust inforwars a whole lot more than your so called reputable sources. I am not saying I agree with everything that comes across their site, but I find most of it I can research and find facts to back it up. A lot of the articles that come across their website are from people who are inside the CIA, FBI and other government agencies and companies.

Its funny how people trust what they say when they are still with the government or so call reputable sources, but once they leave them and start speaking out against the government and even become whistle blowers they are immediately refereed to as crack pots. If you want to continue through life and trust what the government and mainstream media says, go ahead, but I choose to not live that way and think for myself. If you dont want to visit that site thats fine, but dont expect me to not post a link to it if I find something relevant to the discussion over here, I know there are other people on this site who visit inforwars.

Back to the original topic, I agree with what most every has said, I know Hawaii has a long way to go but this is a big step for them. Now if we can get the rest of the states to pass them we would have have a couple less things to worry about.

Post imported post

jag06 wrote:
    Dreamer wrote:
    insane.kangaroo wrote:

Lots of good info Dreamer, thanks for sharing. I have known for a while that the vaccines caused ASD but did not know the exact reason why it causes it.

Kangaroo, I trust inforwars a whole lot more than your so called reputable sources. I am not saying I agree with everything that comes across their site, but I find most of it I can research and find facts to back it up. A lot of the articles that come across their website are from people who are inside the CIA, FBI and other government agencies and companies.

Its funny how people trust what they say when they are still with the government or so call reputable sources, but once they leave them and start speaking out against the government and even become whistle blowers they are immediately refereed to as crack pots. If you want to continue through life and trust what the government and mainstream media says, go ahead, but I choose to not live that way and think for myself. If you dont want to visit that site thats fine, but dont expect me to not post a link to it if I find something relevant to the discussion over here, I know there are other people on this site who visit inforwars.

Back to the original topic, I agree with what most every has said, I know Hawaii has a long way to go but this is a big step for them. Now if we can get the rest of the states to pass them we would have have a couple less things to worry about.
    Agreed 100%
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    cloud,

Sorry, I was referring to the OP, I should've hit 'quote' on the OP's topic instead of 'reply'.

Huffingtonpost is certainly not crackpot, it's reputable.
    I thought you were talking about infowars, it's even more crackpot than huffpo
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...