• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hawaii passes 2nd amendment protection bill and castle doctrine

jag06

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
Infowars on the otherhand is so crackpot it will make any educated individual cringe. i.e. "omg omg omg vaccines cause autism" and other b.s. claims which have been shot down by many third party researchers.
Yeah, really REPUTABLE third-party sources like Glaxo, Merck, or Bayer...

I'm not an apologist for Infowars or Alex Jones, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one, because you are DEAD WRONG, and you need to do some real research...

Prior to 1950, Autism Spectrum Disorder was one of the rarest neurological disorders on the planet. It was so rare that, even into the 1960's most General Practice MDs in the US had never seen a SINGLE case in their entire career. It was discovered (or rather, first stated as a clinical, specific diagnosis) in 1943, 12 years after Thimerosal (ethyl mercury) was first introduced as a "preservative" in the Pertussis vaccine. Autism wasn't first diagnosed in Europe until the 1950's, soon after European vaccine manufacturers first started using Thimerosal in their vaccines...

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/autism.html

http://www.fightingautism.org/idea/autism.php

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html

According to the CDC, there are over 3/4 million people between 0 and 21 years of age with ASD in the US alone. If this were ANY other affliction, the medical establishment would be crying "epidemic", like they have with acute juvenile diabetes, MS, and Limes Disease--all of which, BTW, have a lower incidence than ASD, and all of which, BTW, receive MUCH more research funding than ASD. Funny thing that...

And it's even a more funny thing that the only researchers that have received federal funding for ASD research with regards to the connection to vaccinations have been--to date, and to a one--companies which manufacture vaccines...

If you make a table with ASD symptoms on one side and the symptoms for low-level/early developmental mercury poisoning on the other side, the symptoms line up almost one-for-one.

Oh yeah, another funny thing about Thimerosal--the H1N1 vaccines ordered by the CDC for distribution to Congress and CAbinet-level officials in DC last year were all "individual dose" vials--NONE of which had Thimerosal, because the FDA only requires preservatives to be put into "multi-dose" vials--like the majority of the the vaccines that are distributed to GP's and clinics...

Just thought you'd like to know.

Anyone who flatly denies a connection between Thimerosal-laced vaccines and ASD is either COMPLETELY ignorant of the epidemiological history of Autism and it's rather remarkable coincidence with the rise in use of Thimerosal in vaccines, or is just an apologist for Big Pharma.

Lots of good info Dreamer, thanks for sharing. I have known for a while that the vaccines caused ASD but did not know the exact reason why it causes it.

Kangaroo, I trust inforwars a whole lot more than your so called reputable sources. I am not saying I agree with everything that comes across their site, but I find most of it I can research and find facts to back it up. A lot of the articles that come across their website are from people who are inside the CIA, FBI and other government agencies and companies.

Its funny how people trust what they say when they are still with the government or so call reputable sources, but once they leave them and start speaking out against the government and even become whistle blowers they are immediately refereed to as crack pots. If you want to continue through life and trust what the government and mainstream media says, go ahead, but I choose to not live that way and think for myself. If you dont want to visit that site thats fine, but dont expect me to not post a link to it if I find something relevant to the discussion over here, I know there are other people on this site who visit inforwars.

Back to the original topic, I agree with what most every has said, I know Hawaii has a long way to go but this is a big step for them. Now if we can get the rest of the states to pass them we would have have a couple less things to worry about.

zack991

imported post

jag06 wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
Infowars on the otherhand is so crackpot it will make any educated individual cringe. i.e. "omg omg omg vaccines cause autism" and other b.s. claims which have been shot down by many third party researchers.
Yeah, really REPUTABLE third-party sources like Glaxo, Merck, or Bayer...

I'm not an apologist for Infowars or Alex Jones, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one, because you are DEAD WRONG, and you need to do some real research...

Prior to 1950, Autism Spectrum Disorder was one of the rarest neurological disorders on the planet. It was so rare that, even into the 1960's most General Practice MDs in the US had never seen a SINGLE case in their entire career. It was discovered (or rather, first stated as a clinical, specific diagnosis) in 1943, 12 years after Thimerosal (ethyl mercury) was first introduced as a "preservative" in the Pertussis vaccine. Autism wasn't first diagnosed in Europe until the 1950's, soon after European vaccine manufacturers first started using Thimerosal in their vaccines...

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/autism.html

http://www.fightingautism.org/idea/autism.php

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html

According to the CDC, there are over 3/4 million people between 0 and 21 years of age with ASD in the US alone. If this were ANY other affliction, the medical establishment would be crying "epidemic", like they have with acute juvenile diabetes, MS, and Limes Disease--all of which, BTW, have a lower incidence than ASD, and all of which, BTW, receive MUCH more research funding than ASD. Funny thing that...

And it's even a more funny thing that the only researchers that have received federal funding for ASD research with regards to the connection to vaccinations have been--to date, and to a one--companies which manufacture vaccines...

If you make a table with ASD symptoms on one side and the symptoms for low-level/early developmental mercury poisoning on the other side, the symptoms line up almost one-for-one.

Oh yeah, another funny thing about Thimerosal--the H1N1 vaccines ordered by the CDC for distribution to Congress and CAbinet-level officials in DC last year were all "individual dose" vials--NONE of which had Thimerosal, because the FDA only requires preservatives to be put into "multi-dose" vials--like the majority of the the vaccines that are distributed to GP's and clinics...

Just thought you'd like to know.

Anyone who flatly denies a connection between Thimerosal-laced vaccines and ASD is either COMPLETELY ignorant of the epidemiological history of Autism and it's rather remarkable coincidence with the rise in use of Thimerosal in vaccines, or is just an apologist for Big Pharma.

Lots of good info Dreamer, thanks for sharing. I have known for a while that the vaccines caused ASD but did not know the exact reason why it causes it.

Kangaroo, I trust inforwars a whole lot more than your so called reputable sources. I am not saying I agree with everything that comes across their site, but I find most of it I can research and find facts to back it up. A lot of the articles that come across their website are from people who are inside the CIA, FBI and other government agencies and companies.

Its funny how people trust what they say when they are still with the government or so call reputable sources, but once they leave them and start speaking out against the government and even become whistle blowers they are immediately refereed to as crack pots. If you want to continue through life and trust what the government and mainstream media says, go ahead, but I choose to not live that way and think for myself. If you dont want to visit that site thats fine, but dont expect me to not post a link to it if I find something relevant to the discussion over here, I know there are other people on this site who visit inforwars.

Back to the original topic, I agree with what most every has said, I know Hawaii has a long way to go but this is a big step for them. Now if we can get the rest of the states to pass them we would have have a couple less things to worry about.
Agreed 100%

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
cloud,

Sorry, I was referring to the OP, I should've hit 'quote' on the OP's topic instead of 'reply'.

Huffingtonpost is certainly not crackpot, it's reputable.
I thought you were talking about infowars, it's even more crackpot than huffpo