• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VOTE ON TODAYS POLL -PLEASE-

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Excellent, thank you.

Must be a formatting thing as I see no character difference.

I see the yes column rising already :celebrate

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

An avid listener of this station just told me that tomorrow morning will be the topic of concealed carry.

"Mike gives the results over the radio at about 7:20 A.M. And asks for call in discussion."

No matter if you are hardcore for open carry, there is more here than just open vs concealed. I see this as rights vs gun control.

Would be nice to have the option to OC or CC ;)

Reading a thread on this site, someone was lobbying for the rules banning concealed carry to simply be removed since open carry is allowed (wink wink).

Rights & choices ... it's what the red, white & blue are about correct :question:

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Just checked the poll ... wow, the "NOs" just jumped dramatically !

I hope it's not people from this site that are anti-concealed ............

is it? :uhoh:

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Wow, as the # climbs on this thread ... the "viewers" is about 100 at the moment ... the poll is climbing as well. In the -no- though.

Are you folks voting no here?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

The problem is we all know that a ccw bill now would only be a compromise that would take away our right to OCW and give us a privilege to CCW. With that privilege would come a fee of course, not like they don't already get enough money out of us now right?

If they are willing to pass a CCW bill that does not infringe on our right to OCW and does not require a permit or a fee ( Other than for reciprocity) then hey I am all for it.

The legislators would be smarter to repael the laws that interfere with our rights to carry either OCW or CCW period.

Anything else is a compromise. It is constitutional carry or leave it the way it is IMHO.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

This simple radio poll is gun vs anti .......... and you all take it way too far. Last time I share ... as well may even delete my account here.

unreal

oye

(your reply is appreciated, but the reasons smell so republican I'd swear I can smell Dubya in the room)

**I'm not party affiliated, nor religious at all**

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

LaCrosseKevin wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
LaCrosseKevin wrote:
I see this as rights vs gun control.
I think that some of us see this as rights against privilege against tyranny.
tyranny because concealed carry may require a fee ... really? it sure smells otherwise
No, because a fee may be necessary for the privilege of concealed carry.

It is not like these discussions haven't been here had before.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

What's unreal?

You think we should give up our right for a privilege? That is unreal!

There is absolutely no reason why Wisconsin cannot model its laws after VT/AK/AZ.

None! No good reason!

Those three states have done all of the work for us, all of the research, trials, pilot programs if you will.

They have verified the outcome and have seen that law abiding citizens carrying firearms whether concealed or open have not caused bloodbaths in the streets.

In fact all three of these states enjoy lower crime rates then Wisconsin.

Police in all three states still come to work every day and still go home safe and sound to their families at night, although there may be instances which indicate other wise in any states. Police officers all know those are the risks that come with the job and I may point out those risks are brought upon the officers by criminals and not law abiding firearms carriers.

So to answer your remark, my thoughts on the matter are very real.

Repeal these unconstitutional laws that do not allow us to ccw, carry in a GFSZ or in our vehicle and leave us alone. Stop charging us fees and requiring permits or even considering doing so.

It is time for the legislative money pot to be spilt out to fill the pockets of the tax payers.

Either the legislators support our rights or they get to collect unemployment!

ETA: By the way I am a Constitutionalist and not a Republican. There is a difference you know.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The poll simply asks if Wisconsin ought to have concealed carry. It doesn't specify any particular variations, e.g., permitted, , non-permitted, costly, cheap, free, shall-issue, may-issue, VT-style, AK-style, HI-style, or any other you can imagine. I take the question at face value: should WI have [some form] of [legal] concealed carry?

yes/no

I vote for a WI-style-- which would have fewer restrictions than VT.