• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VOTE ON TODAYS POLL -PLEASE-

Captain Nemo

imported post

LaCrosseKevin:

Don't get your underwear in a bundle. Article I section 25 which is our RKBA constitutional amendment simply says: "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose". It is manner of carry neutral. That means that people should have the constitutional right to carry arms in the manner they choose, concealed or visible.If it was intended to apply to only one manner of carry it would read "The people have the right to keep and bearxxxxxxx (insert either concealed or visible) arms for --------".

The reason you are getting the responses you are is because there is a sincere threat that if there is a public support for a concealed carry permit system that it will come as a threat to our already AG and WSSC recognized right to open carry. None of us open carry advocates on this forum want anything to do with a law that will sacrifice or infringe our existing rights. There is a real possibility thatcan happen.

The flip-floppers such as Flynn, Chisholm and Bonavia are seeing just such an opportunity surfacing. They hope to be able to convince the legislature to enact highly restrictive concealed carry as our only legal manner of carry. I'm suprised more on this forum can't see through their "smoke and mirrors".

Most on this forum feel that the manner of carry should be at the option of the carrier.

The reaction on this forum has no personal intent and your information is appreciated by most I'm sure.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
LaCrosseKevin:

Don't get your underwear in a bundle. Article I section 25 which is our RKBA constitutional amendment
Don't get my underwear in a bundle? LOL

You say that, then go on to quote Article I section 25 blah blah blah ... whos underwear is where?

I'm really sorry I posted this, hell, I'm seeing the people here in a different light all together now. You all have been fighting this so long, with your boycotts and balling your fists at corporations, I think you just enjoy the fight aspect now instead of what's right. Burger King anyone? lol

None of us open carry advocates on this forum want anything to do with a law that will sacrifice or infringe our existing rights.
Undo your underwear and don't speak for everyone on this site, or every member. There is a post on this site mentioning and organizing to just take the laws away that are against concealed carry so there are no infringements and no fees. Not everyone here thinks like you, nor should you be the sole spokesman for "of us".

Captain Nemo

imported post

Whoa!!! Now I see why the word Cross is in your member name. Glad that you have been a member for four days so that you have had a chance to read the hundreds of posts on this forum and have gained such an inate feeling of it's pulse.

__

Banned
imported post

May I, my Captain? My blade is much sharper than his wit.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Now I see why the word Cross is in your member name.
Explain if you have an articulate thought about that.

No matter if I joined 10 years or 10 minutes ago, should still be shown respect, and for you to mention the fact that I'm new here goes to show what a tight knit group you have here.

OMG A NEWB WITH AN OPINION, GET HIM !!!!

:p w/e

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LaCrosseKevin wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:
Now I see why the word Cross is in your member name.
Explain if you have an articulate thought about that.

No matter if I joined 10 years or 10 minutes ago, should still be shown respect, and for you to mention the fact that I'm new here goes to show what a tight knit group you have here.

OMG A NEWB WITH AN OPINION, GET HIM !!!!

:p w/e

Looks like newbs fighting newbs to me! LOL :lol: Just kidding by the way.

Yes, some members are reading too much into this poll, it's a simple yes or no, like shotgun said, not OMG, it'll be a privillege! It's a silly poll after all and has no bearing on what type of CC bill would be considered. I went ahead and voted for CC.

LCK, don't worry about it,You'll find a number of opinionated individuals on this site and thats all they are; opinionated. Nothing wrong with that. I also don't know of anyone around here, save maybe one, who compares post counts like johnsons in a locker room.

Stick around, learn who you want to bother replying to and who you don't, and you'll learn a lot and enjoy it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

CUOfficer

imported post

Before everyone gets too worked up let's consider the station/website hosting the poll. I doubt that site is visited by your average joe in the community. I can't say I know too many farmers, mechanics, electricians, bankers, etc....who check the website of an AM radio station daily. Of course it is biased, so relax because it's not representing the demographic properly.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

CUOfficer wrote:
Before everyone gets too worked up let's consider the station/website hosting the poll. I doubt that site is visited by your average joe in the community. I can't say I know too many farmers, mechanics, electricians, bankers, etc....who check the website of an AM radio station daily. Of course it is biased, so relax because it's not representing the demographic properly.
Ah, but it will be discussed tomorrow on the morning show and many will listen that don't go to the website. I'm willing to bet people that listen to AM radio aren't online that much. Of the people that are on the website, listen and vote ... it's a smaller # than those that just listen.

If it changes one persons mind, it's worth it to discuss it.... no matter the website results or known results otherwise.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The problem is we all know that a ccw bill now would only be a compromise that would take away our right to OCW and give us a privilege to CCW.

Do you have information regarding a ccw bill that will take away our right to OC? Please post.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
The problem is we all know that a ccw bill now would only be a compromise that would take away our right to OCW and give us a privilege to CCW.

Do you have information regarding a ccw bill that will take away our right to OC? Please post.
I should have been clearer on my statement here. Any bill that would be rushed through by the Milwaukee political circle and WAVE or any other anti's that are simply trying to get a head of the SCOTUS decision would only be a compromise that would take away our right to OCW and give us a privilege to CCW.

jrm

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I should have been clearer on my statement here. Any bill that would be rushed through by the Milwaukee political circle and WAVE or any other anti's that are simply trying to get a head of the SCOTUS decision would only be a compromise that would take away our right to OCW and give us a privilege to CCW.
Are you talking about something passing before the McDonald case is decided? Seems unlikely -- that's like 6 weeks from now.

jrm

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Are you talking about something passing before the McDonald case is decided? Seems unlikely -- that's like 6 weeks from now.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

I agree with that... If we don't shuffle the cards in Madison and change the composition of our state legislature, we AIN'T gonna like what they come up with (or what they carve up and amend any introduced CCW legislation with)

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

jrm wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Yes that is what I was referring to. With the way the politicians are in this state nothing would surprise me. It seems they will go out of their way to make the anti's happy.