• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stoeger 8000 Cougar current prices

DarkRose

imported post

Anyone know what the current "street price" is for a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm? Having a hard time finding any of the online used gun sites that have them, and only one gun store here in my town (which I'm stopping by after work).

I know they were going around the $350-$400 range new a few years ago, but I also know how things change... I've seen 1 place online carry them used for $375, but one spot says they only sell to law enforcement and government, then further down says anyone can buy from them... It's confusing (CMC Government Services, if anyone has any info about them... http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=568&idcategory=223)

Thanks in advance!

ecocks

imported post

Brand new they're $429.99 for the 9mm or .40 at my local Cabelas, in stock and on display.

DarkRose

imported post

Well, I went to my local shop yesterday and found out Stoeger are a dealer direct item, and they're not a Stoeger dealer. They did suggest checking Cabela's or Gander Mountain, I just hate paying those prices...

Think I might hold off until the next gun show in the area comes around and see if I can maybe pick up a good slightly used one. Or drive 45 minutes to the nearest Cabela's or Gander Mountain and check them out as a last resort...

Thanks!

None2Slow

imported post

Just a bit of info. I have been looking for a XD compact in .45 and the local Cabelas wanted $599 +tax. After checking around, I stoppedat the store I frequent, and asked him. Now, I had went to 2 other places before going so I knew what to compare against. The first place could get it for me for $539+fees and shipping but no sales tax which would come to $570. The next place I went wanted $549+plus fees ended up being $581. So now I went to this other shop and was quoted $516. I asked about tax, fees and shipping. This was the out the door price. It was $483 plus tax. No fees or shipping. This was monday and as I type this, I am waiting for the call to say its arrived. So instead of going to Cabelas, try talking to your local shops and see what they can do. You may be suprised, plus, if the local shops go out of business, whose to compete with the big stores?

DarkRose

imported post

Yeah, that was my intention, we only have one Stoeger dealer around, and I'm planning on going down there after work (it's about 30 minutes from where I live) but I've heard they have fantastic prices.