• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB 1934 going to be on Senate Floor

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

Well ladies & gents, AB 1934 passed a motion of "B Roll Call" at the appropriations committee hearing on May 12th. "B Roll Call" means there will be votes made by the Republicans because we all know that the Dems voted the motion to pass. With Democrats being the majority, itsgoing to pass motion either way onto the Senate Floor. At this stage we need to attack the Senate members. From what i saw at the hearing on Wednesday, these politicians act like this is highschool. we need to find dirt on these democrats in order to hurt there rep and swing things in our favor. if you guys could have been there at the appropriations hearing you see that we in opposition were treated like a joke.

nrickyz

imported post

yes agreed. and on another note, when are we ever going to see the decision from the supreme court concerning the chicago case? and kudos to those who are keeping us updated with who to contact and whos voting in favor of, etc.

mjones

imported post

The McDonald ruling could be released at anytime, but will likely be held until the end of this session - end of June - just like Heller was...

mjones

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
even if the mcdonald case goes through in our favor i believe we have to wait until the new year before it can be incorporated.
I'm no lawyer, but unlike a new law via legislation & signing, I believe its effective & binding immediately.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mjones wrote:
Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
even if the mcdonald case goes through in our favor i believe we have to wait until the new year before it can be incorporated.
I'm no lawyer, but unlike a new law via legislation & signing, I believe its effective & binding immediately.
I'm also not a lawyer, but I absolutely believe that opinions are immediately applicable. If that wasn't the case then when cases were remanded back to lower courts, then the lower courts would have to wait until the new year to make a ruling using the supreme court's opinion, which would make no sense at all.

nrickyz

imported post

I'm no lawyer either but i do believe that there is no waiting period pertaining to the Supreme Court decision. and i would assume that the ab 1934 bill would die resulting from the courts decision. and like the rest of you, i also hope that PC 12031 would also be impacted in a huge way. no one in their right mind would further a bill if were to be deemed unconstitutional, even by a recent ruling from the highest court in the land.