Thread: Dinner or Lunch in Richmond tomorrow? (5/14/10)

Post imported post

So, I need to pick up someone from the airport, and it turns out I have to be there at 9:30 at night. I'd already made plans to run around with some friends tonight, but now I have all day in Richmond.

Anyone want to OC lunch or dinner tomorrow?

Anyone have any suggestions even if you don't want to join?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Bass Pro in Ashland is doing theirGunPrimer weekend with prizes and free seminars.

There's a thread at the top of this forum about it. The restaurant at Bass Prois awesome too.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

What's your preference (both for cuisine and specific meal)?

PM sent with contact info.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Whatever you do, Abno, if Grapeshot signs on and wants to come to lunch, make darn sure you get separate checks. Otherwise he'll talk you into covering the whole tab. He's very smooth at this. Darn near had me paying for a 50-person picnic last year!

Hata Yeh

(5, 4, 3, 2...)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Whatever you do, Abno, if Grapeshot signs on and wants to come to lunch, make darn sure you get separate checks. Otherwise he'll talk you into covering the whole tab. He's very smooth at this. Darn near had me paying for a 50-person picnic last year!

Hata Yeh

(5, 4, 3, 2...)
    Are you going to be in town too.

We can do the separate check thing with no problem, but I'm still sure I'll have to leave early.

We'll be having our regularly scheduled OC breakfast Sat. I presume - look for a new thread by tomorrow morning.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I'm trying to remember the place I went to recently that had a "no check splitting" policy to recommend.

I doubt I'll be able to make it, maybe for a later dinner but still not sure.

Post imported post

Well, we met up for dinner at Islamagordo at BPS, then went upstairs to listen to the seminars. Got to listen to an auld phart who "teaches hunter safety" spout everything bass-akwards about carrying concealed while hunting, who then was gently handed his hindquarters by the nice BPS gun counter employee who set the record straight.

I went off in search of some goodies while the group went to the gun counter to see and hear more about choosing your first firearm, and did not wander back in time to win a S&W ballcap - they pulled my number but as I was not present to win they pulled another number.

I'll have to go back soon to return something that does not fit. It was one of those "this might work" purchases for something I was not carrying. (What? You want me to lug everything in the safe so I can test-fit it on the spot?)

Maybe next time all you folks who claim to still have jobs can get off earlier.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Well, we met up for dinner at Islamagordo at BPS
    Glad that you took my suggestion. Hope that you enjoyed it. (oh and I think its Islamorada )
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    Well, we met up for dinner at Islamagordo at BPS
    Glad that you took my suggestion. Hope that you enjoyed it. (oh and I think its Islamorada )
    I think that came from me misunderstanding him over the phone. Too many gunshots in the neighborhood.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.