• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner or Lunch in Richmond tomorrow? (5/14/10)

AbNo

imported post

So, I need to pick up someone from the airport, and it turns out I have to be there at 9:30 at night. I'd already made plans to run around with some friends tonight, but now I have all day in Richmond.

Anyone want to OC lunch or dinner tomorrow? :D

Anyone have any suggestions even if you don't want to join?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What's your preference (both for cuisine and specific meal)?

PM sent with contact info.

stay safe.

skidmark

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Whatever you do, Abno, if Grapeshot signs on and wants to come to lunch, make darn sure you get separate checks. Otherwise he'll talk you into covering the whole tab. He's very smooth at this. Darn near had me paying for a 50-person picnic last year!

:D

Hata Yeh

(5, 4, 3, 2...)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Whatever you do, Abno, if Grapeshot signs on and wants to come to lunch, make darn sure you get separate checks. Otherwise he'll talk you into covering the whole tab. He's very smooth at this. Darn near had me paying for a 50-person picnic last year!

:D

Hata Yeh

(5, 4, 3, 2...)
Are you going to be in town too. :)

We can do the separate check thing with no problem, but I'm still sure I'll have to leave early. :lol:

We'll be having our regularly scheduled OC breakfast Sat. I presume - look for a new thread by tomorrow morning.

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

I'm trying to remember the place I went to recently that had a "no check splitting" policy to recommend. :D

I doubt I'll be able to make it, maybe for a later dinner but still not sure.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, we met up for dinner at Islamagordo at BPS, then went upstairs to listen to the seminars. Got to listen to an auld phart who "teaches hunter safety" spout everything bass-akwards about carrying concealed while hunting, who then was gently handed his hindquarters by the nice BPS gun counter employee who set the record straight.

I went off in search of some goodies while the group went to the gun counter to see and hear more about choosing your first firearm, and did not wander back in time to win a S&W ballcap - they pulled my number but as I was not present to win they pulled another number.

I'll have to go back soon to return something that does not fit. It was one of those "this might work" purchases for something I was not carrying. (What? You want me to lug everything in the safe so I can test-fit it on the spot?)

Maybe next time all you folks who claim to still have jobs can get off earlier.

stay safe.

skidmark

AbNo

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Well, we met up for dinner at Islamagordo at BPS
Glad that you took my suggestion. Hope that you enjoyed it. (oh and I think its Islamorada :) )
I think that came from me misunderstanding him over the phone. Too many gunshots in the neighborhood. :uhoh: