• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet and Greet tonight!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Where: Pick Quick in Fife, just off of I-5

4306 Pacific Highway East, Fife, WA
253-922-5599

What: Open Carry last minute dinner!

When: 6:30pm 5/13/2010 (Tonight)

Why: The weather is finally nice!

I will be there and be having dinner anyone is welcome. There is lot's of outdoor seating at picnic tables. The burgers are GREAT! Old fashioned greasy spoon.

amzbrady

imported post

There was a Teriyaki burger joint on Pac hwy, When I lived at Willow Lake apts in Seatac, and worked at Alamo, I used to go there for lunch. Awesome burgers. Great shakes and loads of grilled onions.

69Charger

imported post

Can't be there tonight, but I sure am interested how it goes.
Fife PD?
I haven't talked to them yet. :p
Dave

jarhead1911A

imported post

I have had some dealings with Fife PD and they seem to be good guys very supportive of the 2ND from the dealings i have had

69Charger

imported post

I guess I can show up.:) Got things handled early. Do they have ice cream?
Easy to convince my son to come if they have ice cream. :)
Dave

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

69Charger wrote:
I guess I can show up.:) Got things handled early. Do they have ice cream?
Easy to convince my son to come if they have ice cream. :)
Dave

They make great shakes, I know that much. I used to take all of the cool trade-ins there "for lunch" when I worked across the freeway at Mercedes-Benz after high school. That was years ago, but their fries still taste the same! (hell, could be the same grease, but I don't care...!)

I hope to be able to join y'all tonight. I'm not 100% yet.

69Charger

imported post

Well all was good tonight.:)

UNTIL!!!:shock:

Well I will let some one else tell ya about it. LOL
Dave

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

One delicious greasy spoon cheeseburger: $4.00

One deliciously greasy basket of freedom fries: $2

One blackberry milkshake $2

One Anti yelling at all of us and having the owner back us and welcome us with open arms! .....................

PRICELESS

Phssthpok

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
One delicious greasy spoon cheeseburger: $4.00

One deliciously greasy basket of freedom fries: $2

One blackberry milkshake $2

One Anti yelling at all of us and having the owner back us and welcome us with open arms! .....................

PRICELESS

Audio file or it didn't happen!:p

(c'mon....SOMEbody there had to have had a recorder going..)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well what a great nite, about 67 degrees at dinner time. We had a great turnout for 6 hours of notice. 7 OCers (M1gunr, Deros, G20, 69Charger, Stryker, Jarhead and wife) and a couple of youngins' Great greasy food, great milkshakes, great conversation. For 1 hour and 45 minutes with dozens and dozens eating outdoors tonight and not a word.

Until 7:45pm.

AFTER finishing her hamburger, an anti approached us and asked us what gives us the right to carry our guns like that? She didn't like the answer. She continued to read from the Brady playbook. When she asked us if we thought there was going to be a crime, I asked "when is the next crime going to occur?" She had no answer and then accused me of waving my holstered handgun in her face. Mind you she was sitting 25 feet away and approached me! She said that the 3 of us (there were 7 with guns) with guns ruined her hamburger! (Mind you this is a heavy set middle aged woman eating alone)

Then.....Then....Then....she stormed off to tell the manager. I let her, I thought about it, I grabbed a ocdo pamphlet from the trunk of my car and my business card, with the full intent to apologize to the manager. Boy was I in for a shock! I went to the window and the very sweet gal working walked me out to the OWNER! I introduced myself by name with card and pamphlet in hand. I apologized for HER behavior, but before I could finish, Joe (the owner) apologized to me! We are welcome anytime, he is involved in a swiss shooting club up in Puyallup (?)! He came over to our table and chatted with us for a bit, then went and retrieved his son, who quickly stated he had a safe full of guns!

It is too bad that the 'anti' left and didn't get to see us talk with the owner and family for the next 15 minutes.

Anyways, we will be having many more dinners here the rest of the summer and if you stop in by yourself, say thank you! (Also, if you notice at the window where you order there are many patches from military units)

Joe, thank you for standing up for us, we owe Joe the same! This is better than Starbucks folks, this is a local family who understands that without the 2A we have no rights. (That is a paraphrase of one of the many things he said to me)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
Audio file or it didn't happen!:p

(c'mon....SOMEbody there had to have had a recorder going..)

Right after this all completed I was kicking myself for not running audio! However, there were 7 OCDO board members there!

Trigger Dr

imported post

Now if someone had called ahead, the Anti wold not have said a word.

Sarcasm and said in JEST.

I wish I had checked the forum earlier. Damn, missed another one.