Thread: Kagan angle

Post imported post

No one can doubt the danger Kagan is to any civilized society, but why?

Does anybody here care about her sexual orientation? I don't.

But the bizarre and convoluted dislogic she uses to dodge a matter there is no reason to dodge... If that same mind is to be 'interpreting' law, I don't grasp how she could possibly be a good thing in anyone's view, regardless of political faction alignment.

If Democrats haven't demonstrated their blind avarice by now, surely, this move would convince even the staunchest of Democrats to question their party?

Of most interesting note is that, historically, the Democrat Party gradually gets a little more nuts as the power goes to their head. In fairness, all political factions do this. But this year, they immediately sprinted to the bleeding edge of whacked-out moonbat insanity. Never have they held power before while being even half this crazy. Perhaps, that was the strategy all along? A sacrificial election cycle to accomplish the misdeeds they would never have otherwise been able to approach?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I care about her sexual orientation only as an indicator of the contortions that she'll go through to justify or rationalize mere personal privilege.

Remember that justice is portrayed as a beautiful woman blinded. Her subjects are not blinded to her beauty - or faults.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    No one can doubt the danger Kagan is to any civilized society, but why?

Does anybody here care about her sexual orientation? I don't.

But the bizarre and convoluted dislogic she uses to dodge a matter there is no reason to dodge... If that same mind is to be 'interpreting' law, I don't grasp how she could possibly be a good thing in anyone's view, regardless of political faction alignment.

If Democrats haven't demonstrated their blind avarice by now, surely, this move would convince even the staunchest of Democrats to question their party?

Of most interesting note is that, historically, the Democrat Party gradually gets a little more nuts as the power goes to their head. In fairness, all political factions do this. But this year, they immediately sprinted to the bleeding edge of whacked-out moonbat insanity. Never have they held power before while being even half this crazy. Perhaps, that was the strategy all along? A sacrificial election cycle to accomplish the misdeeds they would never have otherwise been able to approach?
    Uh, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. So far, she appears as qualified as anyone else he could have nominated. We can breathe easier (again) he didn't choose either clinton.

What is she dodging, in your opinion?

"Blind avarice"? Not sure how that fits with a Kagan nomination.

Would really like to hear your thought processes.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Regardless of Kagan's lack of a discernable stance on ANY issue, or her sexual orientation, or even what her party affiliation is (NONE of which should have ANYTHING to do with the way a Judge does their job, BTW), the fact remains that she held a chief research and advisory position for Goldman Sachs during the time when they were engineering the crash of the real estate and derivatives markets in 2008.

That fact alone should be reason to not trust anything she says or does.

And the fact that she has helped with a fair amount of "academic research" with the likes of Cass Sunstein should tell you how she feels about the 1A, 4A, 8A, 9A, and 10A....

It's not that she's may or may not support the 2A that troubles me. It's that her career has been mostly comprised of work that supports the promotion of an oligarchical elite, the gradual dismantling of Constitutional Law, and the incremental implementation of a Serf State ruled by a self-appointed ruling elite class of clinically sociopathic power-junkies that routinely exempt themselves from ANY restrictions under the law, that bothers me.

And the fact that the media isn't saying BOO about her Goldman Sachs and Cass Sunstein connections just makes the whole thing even MORE suspect. Even Fox is suspiciously silent on most of these affiliations...

Pirates sail with other pirates, folks.

Don't look at the flag she's currently flying. If she's a career bureaucrat, one thing is rock-solid certain--the flag waving from her mast during the "election" period is false.

Look at the names of the ships she's helped sail in the recent past...

That alone should show what she REALLY believes about "regular citizens", the idea of Liberty for the Common Man, and whether or not she supports the Rule of Law and it's application to ALL people.

I think her business and academic affiliations speak VOLUMES as to where she REALLY stands...

"How many fingers am I holding up now, Winston?"

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

"Does anybody here care about her sexual orientation? I don't." -- ixtow

To express a minority view (of one person) here: I sure do! One's personal morals, character and integrity have always been the top issues when I evaluate a candidate, and they have nothing to do with party affiliation, gender or race. [edited]

In short, Kagan fails in my book. But so does he who nominated her.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Truth is, her nomination bug the stuffins outa me. She's a rubber stamp for nObama, they're like class mates fer God's sake. She stated that a citizen should be arrested and held indefinately without trial for being suspected of financially contributing to terrorists. She's a dang Fascist!!!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson