• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jesse Ventura supports the 2nd Amendment

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

I wasthere at the Target Center in Minneapolis when he gave thatspeech. It was definitely an event to remember. Gary E. Johnson, Barry Goldwater Jr.and Ron Paul all gave great speeches to nameoff afew others. I was doing some volunteer work there as wellso I didn't get to see the entire event.

NightOwl

imported post

I've been hoping to hear that he'd throw his hat in the ring for the presidential race for some time now. I think he'd do the job well, better than the last few anyway, and perhaps clean up the mess the federal government is these days. Be nice to have a strong 2A president who isn't an idiot, and holds to the constitution.

Aaron1124

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
I've been hoping to hear that he'd throw his hat in the ring for the presidential race for some time now. I think he'd do the job well, better than the last few anyway, and perhaps clean up the mess the federal government is these days. Be nice to have a strong 2A president who isn't an idiot, and holds to the constitution.
I'd definitely pitch my vote in for a Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura team on 2012.

Gunslinger

imported post

Given the fact that he's a former SEAL, not terribly surprising. Has some odd views on politics as well as good ones. Would have to hear more from him before I'd consider him to be a viable candidate, but loved him in "Predator." ;)

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Any Jesse fans here??" -- Aaron1124

No, I don't care for Libertarians...doesn't matter whether they're pro-gun or not.

Besides, speeches never impressed me regardles of who makes them (even Presidents) -- it's just talk until proven true by actions. Mostof the time, it never is.

-- John D.

Aaron1124

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Any Jesse fans here??" -- Aaron1124

No, I don't care for Libertarians...doesn't matter whether they're pro-gun or not.

Besides, speeches never impressed me regardles of who makes them (even Presidents) -- it's just talk until proven true by actions. Mostof the time, it never is.

-- John D.
Why don't you like Libertarians? I know that to his each own, but I'm curious to hear your opinions on it.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's a long story, better suited for a long conversation, not here writing pages and pages of OT (non-gun related) stuff to explain myself.And frankly, it'd just raise a lot of hell here if I DID get specific (mostly flames from the Ron Paul people (TX) and NH Free-Staters).

Sorry, but really I'm just a fringe element here anyway, so no one needs to take anything I say seriously (and they probably don't). I was just putting in my 'vote' why I have zero interest in Jesse.

Regards,

-- John D.

Aaron1124

imported post

No problem. I respect your opinion. I respect the opinions of Republicans and Democrats as well. I may not agree, but I understand we, as citizens, are entitled to our own political opinion.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Then you're a better man than I am: I don't respect most Democrats and a whole lot of Republicans. The 'Constitution Party' looks interestng, but frankly, I'm presently just an 'Independent' that used to 'lean' Republican (before they sold out their core values).

-- John D.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Jesse took the state of Minnesota by the balls and did tons of good for it's residents. From what I have seen him accomplish in that state, I would readily back him as a presidential candidate.

Maybe some of our MN members could weigh in on how Jesse help get that state pointed in the correct direction.

Article1section23

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Jesse Ventura's speech, and his support of the 2nd Amendment
I didn't watch the video, but I think I've heard him say on Sean Hanity, if you want full auto, join the military. This guy would not get my vote.

Aaron1124

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Jesse Ventura's speech, and his support of the 2nd Amendment
I didn't watch the video, but I think I've heard him say on Sean Hanity, if you want full auto, join the military. This guy would not get my vote.
I heard the same segment. I interpreted it as if you want to legally own modern full auto's, you'll have to join the military. It didn't sound like he was against citizens owning them, to me.