Thread: Question on Taurus .40 auto and .44 Wheelgun

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I've been told by some locals around here that the Taurus large-frame revolvers were problematic and was wondering if anybody here had experience with them to confirm or debunk that claim. I also am considering a Taurus semi-auto .40 cal and wanted feedback on that as well.

Here are the firearms I am considering:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...rumbseries=LF1

http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...rumbseries=LF2

I am thinking the Model 100SSPRL would be better for oc. If I was to put myself in someone elses shoes I believe the 100 would look more like a piece of artand not be as intimidating asa cold black hunk of steel (trying not to scare the sheeple).

Thanks

Post imported post

I own a Beretta in 92 and 96, both Inox, and love them to death. Taurus is a cheaper alternative to an extremely similar gun. Some love the PT's, some hate em. when I was buying my gun at Cabela's, The display model PT was actually broken just from the use it gets as a display model, not ever having been fired - the slide wouldnt lock back because the slide catch would wiggle out just enough to let the slide back into place. So I paid the extra monies and got the Beretta.

I do love the pearl handle and the gold touches. it does look like a very nice work of art.

Post imported post

I have a Taurus Millenium Pro in .40 and a Taurus 1911. Both have hundreds of rounds through them with no issues. Some other people on here have complained about stovepipes but I have never had an issue. I carry both guns quite often.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."