Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Census workers

Post imported post

Got a visit from the census yesterday. It was 4 rejects fro acorn ( kids) they wouldn't produce credentials so i asked them to leave. Anyone else have any problems?
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Post imported post

My wife said a census taker knocked on our door to ask about the neighbors house. The house is empty and abandoned for over 4 years. I thought that it was a little odd, but she said the man had on an ID card and a "census hat", looked valid, and she told him the neighbors had moved many years ago. So I guess, no issue.

Post imported post

There are some scams going around where people are posing as census workers to get your personal information and/or case your house for a future robbery.

Post imported post

My wife was "hired" at one time to be a census worker. Unfortunately they didn't keep her I'm guessing because she was an educated Caucasian married woman because they would only let her go to the transient locations to check on the homeless bums. She never spent a day working for that scam.

As far as the census is concerned, I answered my obligatory number living there question and blacked the rest out. Policing (ratting on) my neighbors is not my job. The best thing to do is not answer the door or immediately tell them to leave and close the door on them before they can respond. One of them did try to come and collect information but my wife did not answer the door.

Like IA said there are scams going around and you can never tell when one of these acorn rejects are scouting for the raiding party to follow them.

Post imported post

I've heard of the scams also. What I found strange also was the only one over 30 was a rather large female who was standing off to the side who kept intewrrupting saying " we are from the census." And the one with the clip board wouldn't look directly at me either. She said she needed 10 minutes of my time and I told her it doesn't take 10 minutes for a head count. There are only three of us. When she asked for names I refused and asked for her credentials, when they refused I politely told them " I'm not giving that information have a nice day." Also the place next to me is also empty and for sale. The blinds are wide open and the lights are on. Obviously vacant but they still left a note on the door. These "people" are unbelieveable.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Post imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
    Got a visit from the census yesterday. It was 4 rejects fro acorn ( kids) they wouldn't produce credentials so i asked them to leave. Anyone else have any problems?
    How do you know they were from ACORN?

Post imported post

Sure. I can print out a census worker ID on my computer also.

Now "we" just need to know how many guns, stereos, and if you have any cash or jewelry in the house.

http://www.langleyfcu.org/img/stopfraud_badges.gif

Post imported post

NCjones wrote:

Now "we" just need to know how many guns, stereos, and if you have any cash or jewelry in the house.

Wow! You have the capiblities to print on the apporiate plastic stock.

Post imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
    My wife was "hired" at one time to be a census worker. Unfortunately they didn't keep her I'm guessing because she was an educated Caucasian married woman because they would only let her go to the transient locations to check on the homeless bums. She never spent a day working for that scam.

As far as the census is concerned, I answered my obligatory number living there question and blacked the rest out. Policing (ratting on) my neighbors is not my job. The best thing to do is not answer the door or immediately tell them to leave and close the door on them before they can respond. One of them did try to come and collect information but my wife did not answer the door.

Like IA said there are scams going around and you can never tell when one of these acorn rejects are scouting for the raiding party to follow them.
    And how did you come to that conclusion?

How did you determine they were associated with Acorn?

Post imported post

I am on a team of 14 individuals consisting of: 4 WF, 1 WM, 4 BF, 3 BM, 1 FF &1 AI. We have never been associated with the now abolished Acorn group. It is very easy to determine if a census worker is ligit or not. When in doubt, call LE they WILL determine w/o a problem their status if you aren't willing to do the due diligence.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

RegalNC wrote:
    I am on a team of 14 individuals consisting of: 4 WF, 1 WM, 4 BF, 3 BM, 1 FF &1 AI. We have never been associated with the now abolished Acorn group. It is very easy to determine if a census worker is ligit or not. When in doubt, call LE they WILL determine w/o a problem their status if you aren't willing to do the due diligence.
    French Female and Artificial Intelligence? A call to LE is for trespass notice. Acorns' roots go deeep and it will take bloody blisters to dig the ignorance out.

Post imported post

RegalNC wrote:
    NCjones wrote:

Wow! You have the capiblities to print on the apporiate plastic stock.
    Available all over the Internet for under $500. Companies use them to print employee ID cards.

Post imported post

Why would I want to waste any more taxpayer money on calling a LEO out for something that I can a.) handle on my own and b.) don't give a damn about anyway?

We answered the required number of persons questions. we will not answer anything more. A shoddily built ID that does not contain a name, picture, or unique DI number doesn't mean jack to me and I will not give any information to someone with such a "credential." I also will not answer any questions on a rigged Census that equates illegal aliens with legitimate citizens of this country.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years you would have already known that ACORN had an agreement with the Obongo administration to oversee the Census. Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING even remotely associated with that organization is suspect and something that I will not have any involvement in.

Post imported post

You know, you could have prevented them from showing up on your doorstep by simply filling out the Census form mailed to you more than a month ago. I spent less than 5 minutes filling it out and dropped it in the mailbox on the way to work the next day. Now I don't have to worry about anyone knocking on my door. You knew that by not filling out the mailer you practically invited them to come to your house, right?
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

Yup and I did fill it out...I filled in the number of people living at my residence as of 1 April. Their's their enumeration or head count. The rest is none of their business. Just because they ask doesn't mean they get the information and after seeing the geniuses that work for the Census, I have no desire to give them any personal information.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Shame on you for not being a loyal statist and eagerly providing anything Mother State demands.
    Bow, submit and be thankful.
    Do you mean like when you handed over your gun to the hospital administrator and security guard?

Post imported post

RegalNC wrote:
    NRAMARINE wrote:
    How do you know they were from ACORN?
    I said they looked like they were from acorn. Based on their attitudes and the way they carried themselves.

Post imported post

I caught one goon (who looked to be in some stage of the correctional system) outside my house with a clipboard, making notes and walking around trying to look in windows. I asked him what the hell he was doing, and when he replied that he was with the Census and was trying to see if my house was "divided into apartments," I told him to get the hell away and that I would call the police if he returned.

I returned my form, by the way - answered only one question, though...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    RegalNC wrote:
    French Female and Artificial Intelligence? A call to LE is for trespass notice. Acorns' roots go deeep and it will take bloody blisters to dig the ignorance out.
    FF is Filipino Female, AF is Asian Female (AI typo)

Acorn has been disbanded and has nothing to do with the census.

Post imported post

RegalNC wrote:
    RegalNC wrote:

lol, that's a good one.

This is from TODAY, May 15 2010:
    "The controversial community group ACORN did not formally dissolve as it said it would and might reorganize under federal bankruptcy laws, its lawyers said in a filing in a pending federal lawsuit in Pittsburgh."
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_681320.html

And yes, while they may not formally have anything to do with the census these thugs are a big part of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

RegalNC wrote:
    RegalNC wrote:

They changed the name to protect/hide their image.

The new name is Community Organizations International.

They may disband yet and reorganize more loosely as individual state groups, but they are the same people, same goals, same methods - make no mistake about that.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100315/D9EF145O0.html

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2010/...cid-smell.html

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

All due respect folks!

I am more concerned with the BP, Exxon, Halliburton, BlackWater-Xe entity's in the world than a small fry like Acorn-Community Organization International. Xe gets about $1200 a dayper "guard" per day from us taxpayers. Halliburton just received a $568 million dollar "no-bid" contract in May. Please folks don't fall for the distraction game. Yes, Acorn had/has issues but compared to the big boys they are just a speck of sand in the big picture.

JMHO!!

Post imported post

And this proves that you know absolutely nothing or at least very little about what groups like Xe and "Halliburton" do for this country.

I worked for KBR in Iraq for a year and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. They make the soldier's lives much more pleasant while deployed to a ****** environment. Xe does security jobs for the State Department among other things over there. Neither organization takes money to further some ******** political agenda that is anathema to the principles that this country was founded upon, something that can not be said about ACORN.

You also show that you know nothing about the bidding process for government contracts. It is not "no bid" like you claim. I would encourage you to get an education and actually go in harms way fro this country once in your life before opening your mouth about how terrible it is.

Post imported post

ManInBlack wrote:
    I caught one goon (who looked to be in some stage of the correctional system) outside my house with a clipboard, making notes and walking around trying to look in windows. I asked him what the hell he was doing, and when he replied that he was with the Census and was trying to see if my house was "divided into apartments," I told him to get the hell away and that I would call the police if he returned.

I hope you called the cops anyway.

This is just one of several methods that home burglars are using to case neighborhoods. Others include offering to paint your address on the curb, offering to mow your lawn, distributing fliers for services; you get the point. They are trying to "hide in plain sight" so that no one gives them a second thought. once they map out the pattern of home occupancy in an area, they begin hit and run break-iins.

Post imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
    ManInBlack wrote:

I hope you called the cops anyway.

This is just one of several methods that home burglars are using to case neighborhoods. Others include offering to paint your address on the curb, offering to mow your lawn, distributing fliers for services; you get the point. They are trying to "hide in plain sight" so that no one gives them a second thought. once they map out the pattern of home occupancy in an area, they begin hit and run break-iins.
    He did have a census badge (although I suppose those could be easily counterfeited), but given the news about Census workers lately, you're right; I probably should have called the cops.

He probably had warrants, if nothing else.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast