• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Census workers

NRAMARINE

imported post

Got a visit from the census yesterday. It was 4 rejects fro acorn ( kids) they wouldn't produce credentials so i asked them to leave. Anyone else have any problems?

Slidell Jim

imported post

My wife said a census taker knocked on our door to ask about the neighbors house. The house is empty and abandoned for over 4 years. I thought that it was a little odd, but she said the man had on an ID card and a "census hat", looked valid, and she told him the neighbors had moved many years ago. So I guess, no issue.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There are some scams going around where people are posing as census workers to get your personal information and/or case your house for a future robbery.

LA Confederate

imported post

My wife was "hired" at one time to be a census worker. Unfortunately they didn't keep her I'm guessing because she was an educated Caucasian married woman because they would only let her go to the transient locations to check on the homeless bums. She never spent a day working for that scam.

As far as the census is concerned, I answered my obligatory number living there question and blacked the rest out. Policing (ratting on) my neighbors is not my job. The best thing to do is not answer the door or immediately tell them to leave and close the door on them before they can respond. One of them did try to come and collect information but my wife did not answer the door.

Like IA said there are scams going around and you can never tell when one of these acorn rejects are scouting for the raiding party to follow them.

NRAMARINE

imported post

I've heard of the scams also. What I found strange also was the only one over 30 was a rather large female who was standing off to the side who kept intewrrupting saying " we are from the census." And the one with the clip board wouldn't look directly at me either. She said she needed 10 minutes of my time and I told her it doesn't take 10 minutes for a head count. There are only three of us. When she asked for names I refused and asked for her credentials, when they refused I politely told them " I'm not giving that information have a nice day." Also the place next to me is also empty and for sale. The blinds are wide open and the lights are on. Obviously vacant but they still left a note on the door. These "people" are unbelieveable.:cuss:

RegalNC

imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
My wife was "hired" at one time to be a census worker. Unfortunately they didn't keep her I'm guessing because she was an educated Caucasian married woman because they would only let her go to the transient locations to check on the homeless bums. She never spent a day working for that scam.

As far as the census is concerned, I answered my obligatory number living there question and blacked the rest out. Policing (ratting on) my neighbors is not my job. The best thing to do is not answer the door or immediately tell them to leave and close the door on them before they can respond. One of them did try to come and collect information but my wife did not answer the door.

Like IA said there are scams going around and you can never tell when one of these acorn rejects are scouting for the raiding party to follow them.

And how did you come to that conclusion?

How did you determine they were associated with Acorn?

RegalNC

imported post

I am on a team of 14 individuals consisting of: 4 WF, 1 WM, 4 BF, 3 BM, 1 FF &1 AI. We have never been associated with the now abolished Acorn group. It is very easy to determine if a census worker is ligit or not. When in doubt, call LE they WILL determine w/o a problem their status if you aren't willing to do the due diligence.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

RegalNC wrote:
I am on a team of 14 individuals consisting of: 4 WF, 1 WM, 4 BF, 3 BM, 1 FF &1 AI. We have never been associated with the now abolished Acorn group. It is very easy to determine if a census worker is ligit or not. When in doubt, call LE they WILL determine w/o a problem their status if you aren't willing to do the due diligence.
French Female and Artificial Intelligence? A call to LE is for trespass notice. Acorns' roots go deeep and it will take bloody blisters to dig the ignorance out.

NCjones

imported post

RegalNC wrote:
NCjones wrote:
Sure. I can print out a census worker ID on my computer also.

Now "we" just need to know how many guns, stereos, and if you have any cash or jewelry in the house.

http://www.langleyfcu.org/img/stopfraud_badges.gif

Wow! You have the capiblities to print on the apporiate plastic stock.
Available all over the Internet for under $500. Companies use them to print employee ID cards.

LA Confederate

imported post

Why would I want to waste any more taxpayer money on calling a LEO out for something that I can a.) handle on my own and b.) don't give a damn about anyway?

We answered the required number of persons questions. we will not answer anything more. A shoddily built ID that does not contain a name, picture, or unique DI number doesn't mean jack to me and I will not give any information to someone with such a "credential." I also will not answer any questions on a rigged Census that equates illegal aliens with legitimate citizens of this country.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years you would have already known that ACORN had an agreement with the Obongo administration to oversee the Census. Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING even remotely associated with that organization is suspect and something that I will not have any involvement in.

sraacke

imported post

You know, you could have prevented them from showing up on your doorstep by simply filling out the Census form mailed to you more than a month ago. I spent less than 5 minutes filling it out and dropped it in the mailbox on the way to work the next day. Now I don't have to worry about anyone knocking on my door. You knew that by not filling out the mailer you practically invited them to come to your house, right?

LA Confederate

imported post

Yup and I did fill it out...I filled in the number of people living at my residence as of 1 April. Their's their enumeration or head count. The rest is none of their business. Just because they ask doesn't mean they get the information and after seeing the geniuses that work for the Census, I have no desire to give them any personal information.

barf

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Shame on you for not being a loyal statist and eagerly providing anything Mother State demands.
Bow, submit and be thankful.
Do you mean like when you handed over your gun to the hospital administrator and security guard?

NRAMARINE

imported post

RegalNC wrote:
NRAMARINE wrote:
Got a visit from the census yesterday. It was 4 rejects fro acorn ( kids) they wouldn't produce credentials so i asked them to leave. Anyone else have any problems?
How do you know they were from ACORN?
I said they looked like they were from acorn. Based on their attitudes and the way they carried themselves.

ManInBlack

imported post

I caught one goon (who looked to be in some stage of the correctional system) outside my house with a clipboard, making notes and walking around trying to look in windows. I asked him what the hell he was doing, and when he replied that he was with the Census and was trying to see if my house was "divided into apartments," I told him to get the hell away and that I would call the police if he returned.

I returned my form, by the way - answered only one question, though...

RegalNC

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
RegalNC wrote:
French Female and Artificial Intelligence? A call to LE is for trespass notice. Acorns' roots go deeep and it will take bloody blisters to dig the ignorance out.

FF is Filipino Female, AF is Asian Female (AI typo)

Acorn has been disbanded and has nothing to do with the census.