• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man charged in John murder. Jesus Gonzalez, 23, accused of killing Danny John

bb1

imported post

No one will know what happened that night unless they were there. No one has all the facts because the information out there comes from a very biased newspaper/tv news reporting. The criminal complaint from the DA's office, well, you can decide how biased that is for yourself.Why speculate? Jesus doesn't seem the type of person to go out looking for trouble. Don't we all have the right to defend ourselves from being attacked, and defending our loved ones? Unfortunately, all cases are not clearly cut & dry. So to all the haters out there and the judgemental people, TRY to imagine what you'd do in a similar situation before you make your comments.

It doesn't matter if he is a gun rights activist, has flyers that are pro-gun, had training or not, none of those things have any bearing on his case. But, that is my opinion.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

glock girl wrote:
No one will know what happened that night unless they were there. No one has all the facts because the information out there comes from a very biased newspaper/tv news reporting. The criminal complaint from the DA's office, well, you can decide how biased that is for yourself.Why speculate? Jesus doesn't seem the type of person to go out looking for trouble. Don't we all have the right to defend ourselves from being attacked, and defending our loved ones? Unfortunately, all cases are not clearly cut & dry. So to all the haters out there and the judgemental people, TRY to imagine what you'd do in a similar situation before you make your comments.

It doesn't matter if he is a gun rights activist, has flyers that are pro-gun, had training or not, none of those things have any bearing on his case. But, that is my opinion.

Well said. I second that!:exclaim:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

glock girl wrote:
Don't we all have the right to defend ourselves from being attacked, and defending our loved ones?
The only facts in question are whether the use of deadly force was justified. Unfortunately WI Statutes are often noton our side. We will have to wait patiently for Jesus to be able to defend himself in court. The less we speculate, the better off everyone is.

We know for a fact that the prosecuting attorney will be looking at this board and the threads which are posted. We all need to be cognizant of this fact.

bb1

imported post

Yes, I agree. Its very sad that a person has to worry about repercussions for defending themselves or their families from people who intend to do them harm.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Stonewall wrote:
It is terrible to have so much scrutiny for defending yourself, if that is the case here. We live in an age where people are expected to be sheeple.

So true. Until 3 years ago I lived in Florida...home of the great Castle Doctrine! Lived in a private, gated community of 45 homes. I walked my dog about 6 times a day (no fenced in yard) and always carried my Glock concealed (legally of course). I confronted literally hundreds of trespassers during those three years climbing over our fence, walls etc and going through our yards, garages, etc. How many of those other 45 homes residents do you think ever confronted a trespasser? THREE. My neighbors to my right and left of me all stood up to these criminals but not one of the other homes residents would do a thing. Now we had four houses of police officers and they would not do a thing to stop these trespassers. They would just watch them go by and not say a thing.

When I was packing the moving truck to head to wonderful Wisconsin several of my neighbors asked me "What are we going to do about security after you are gone?". They weren't kidding. I told them they have to get involved and stand up to these thugs or it will only get worse.

Most of my neighbors wrote the book on how to be "Sheeple". So sad.:(

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Stonewall wrote:
It is terrible to have so much scrutiny for defending yourself, if that is the case here. We live in an age where people are expected to be sheeple.
Understand that all people have is the words of Jesus:
“I just had two individuals try to assault me"....

There is a vast difference between defending yourself against a perceived threat and using deadly force against an actual threat. If you were not actually assaulted, you had better be able to articulate why your life was in immenant danger in order to justify the use of deadly force.

Understand that if your child were shot and killed, you would want the shooting to be scrutinized in order tojustify that yourchild "got what they had coming"...

1 man is dead and 1 may be parlyzed for life. Accountability is reasonable.

As I said before, we will have to wait patiently for Jesus to be able to defend himself in court. While we are waiting patiently, we should understand that this is going to get alot of attention and that demands for accountability are not unreasonable.

If you are going to carry a firearm, you had better be mentally prepared to use it and for the scrutiny which will follow if you choose to do so.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Stonewall wrote:
Understand that all people have is the words of Jesus:
“I just had two individuals try to assault me"....

There is a vast difference between defending yourself against a perceived threat and using deadly force against an actual threat. If you were not actually assaulted, you had better be able to articulate why your life was in immenant danger in order to justify the use of deadly force.

Understand that if your child were shot and killed, you would want the shooting to be scrutinized in order tojustify that yourchild "got what they had coming"...

1 man is dead and 1 may be parlyzed for life. Accountability is reasonable.

As I said before, we will have to wait patiently for Jesus to be able to defend himself in court. While we are waiting patiently, we should understand that this is going to get alot of attention and that demands for accountability are not unreasonable.

If you are going to carry a firearm, you had better be mentally prepared to use it and for the scrutiny which will follow if you choose to do so.

nucleus

imported post

I wonder if this will even make it to court. Maybe they charged him to get him to make a statement. There certainly seems like there is plenty of reasonable doubt in the criminal complaint.

Nucleus

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Further, I would have no problem arguing the difference in reasonableness of a fear of great bodily harm at the hands of a "long haired, maggot infested, dope smoking, FM type" (to use a better known stereotype) than from Shirley Temple or Pastor Niemuller.
Fear is simply not enough.You have noright to be free from fear absense of a threat. Your perception can be dismissed in court if you can not articulate the presence of immenant "great bodily harm".