• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st open carry in Boone County

901-Memphis

imported post

Well i open carried for the first time today. I live in Boone County KY and i had no issues with a variety of places i went to.

I went to a local park for an hour or so with my family, Lees Chicken and ate inside, i also went to Christmas Tree Shops and bought some stuff.

I then went to my local walmart in Florence, KY and no issues there.

Not even one person asked me anything. There were kids everywhere at the park and no one seemed to care.

Good to know i can open carry while i wait for my CCDW permit to process.

901-Memphis

imported post

I have a S&W Sigma SW40VE in a nylon holster for right now.

Waiting for my CCDW and i have a Crossbreed Supertuck with combat cut on the way. Also ordered an Uncle Mikes instructor belt should be here before anything else.

901-Memphis

imported post

Carried again today openly. I went to the mall, Meijer, Speedway, and Sears and it was not a problem anywhere. Haven't seen anyone open carrying in the 2 days i was. No questions asked or anything that i noticed.

901-Memphis

imported post

A cgirl today at Speedwas was very uneasy about me carrying a gun when i approached her at the cash register. I was cashing in a lottery ticket and she walked across the other registers to the machine and said outloud "hes got a gun" to the other associates, of which none seemed to care. I guess it wasn't loud enough for any of the other customers to hear because no one else seemed to care.

She came back over and started asking questions and told me she was not allowed to own a gun. It became more apparent why she was startled as she went on to say she has 4 more years before she can own a gun....5 years total because of being committed, so she was mentally unstable to begin with.

neuroblades

imported post

901-Memphis wrote:
Carried again today openly. I went to the mall, Meijer, Speedway, and Sears and it was not a problem anywhere. Haven't seen anyone open carrying in the 2 days i was. No questions asked or anything that i noticed.
Out of curiousity, which mall were you OC'ing in?

901-Memphis

imported post

Florence Mall, have done it a few times now without issue. Carried at the Fayette Mall in Lexington Today without issue either, one of the 20 something guys at the food court was even asking me questions about my gun and liked it.

901-Memphis

imported post

I only have 1 gun as of now, its a S&W Sigma SW40VE got it for $299 + tax at budsgunshop and the rebate covered 2 free magazines, so i have 4 magazines with it.