Thread: The Lance Thomas Story

Post imported post

Post imported post

Yup, that's one lucky guy. Luck being defined as prepared mentally, physically, and emotionally to do what has to be done to prevent being at the mercy of some thug with a gun.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

Wow. To be a victim or not. I'd like to meet this guy.

I like this quote from the police detective: "all of the suspects had extensive criminal backgrounds; they knew what they were doing, they just didn't know who they were doing it against."

Of course, if he had just put a sign on the door making his storea gun free zone, he would been safe. :?

Post imported post

It's unfortunate that his experiences have driven him into seclusion. I am sure the brady types would (have?) paint him as a Bronson wannabe vigilante but it is obvious that it's taken a toll on his psyche and his ability toliveand go where he pleases.

Perhaps he would feel better about having faced all those thugs and surviving those shootouts if it honest citizens protecting themselves weren't so often portrayed as horrible people who "didn't have to shoot back" by all the whiney assed anti's.

"Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

Thanks for sharing! Great story, and he has good poins about the consequences of having to protect yourself. It is something I hope I never have to do but am prepared for.

Post imported post

A written article on this American hero.

It opens hot, fast and ugly. One of the perpetrators opens up on Lance Thomas without warning, firing a semiautomatic pistol, hitting him four times with eight rounds fired. Three of the .25 ACP bullets bite into Thomas' right shoulder, a fourth into his neck. The watchmaker grabs the nearest revolver, the Ruger .357, missing with the first shot but scoring with the next five.

The gunman falls to the floor and so does the Security-Six: it has clicked empty. Thomas drops it, lunging for the next nearest weapon, the snubnose .38 that had saved him last time.
    It's riveting.

Post imported post

Good for Lance Thomas!

I think the point he was making throughout was clear: Owning a gun, or even having it on one's person is not enough. You must know how to use it properly, quickly, and decisively.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar

Post imported post

Lew wrote:
    A written article on this American hero.

It opens hot, fast and ugly. One of the perpetrators opens up on Lance Thomas without warning, firing a semiautomatic pistol, hitting him four times with eight rounds fired. Three of the .25 ACP bullets bite into Thomas' right shoulder, a fourth into his neck. The watchmaker grabs the nearest revolver, the Ruger .357, missing with the first shot but scoring with the next five.

The gunman falls to the floor and so does the Security-Six: it has clicked empty. Thomas drops it, lunging for the next nearest weapon, the snubnose .38 that had saved him last time.
    It's riveting.

Sounds like a dime novel. Interesting how a regular guy who owns a watch shop is suddenly a 'gunman' because he invested time, money, and training into protecting himself, his loved ones, and his property.

God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Post imported post

I think they were saying the ATTACKING gunman fell to the floor as lance dropped his first gun and went for the second.
    Beretta92FSLady

Post imported post

Amazing video... the 911 call was riveting. There should be more people that think and act like Lance Thomas, I bet there would be less crime.The strict gun control laws really helped in West LA too.

Post imported post

The part I liked best was when he asserted that his life was not to be negotiated with. He knew his life was in danger and he responded accordingly. It's sad that he had to make such choices, a very heavy burden to carry indeed; but the criminals left him with only two choices....kill or be killed. In the end he did the right thing and lived to tell the story. Sadly, he lives in seclusion and no longer practices his craft (watches).