Thread: OC restrictions in central oregon

Post imported post

OC restrictions in central Oregon. i am wanting to start carrying OC, does anyone know central oregon restrictions in per say bend redmond and prineville?

Post imported post

I have never heard of any over there. I open carry in a drop leg holster when I'm there outside of sisters/bend. I go camping in Christmas valley alot and open carry all around that area.

Post imported post

TheHossUSMC wrote:
    I have never heard of any over there. I open carry in a drop leg holster when I'm there outside of sisters/bend. I go camping in Christmas valley alot and open carry all around that area.

sweet thank you. and that actually answered another question of mine, can i were a thigh holster? thank you. i started to open carry yesterday. so far no one has said anything.

Post imported post

It's not a huge deal over in central/eastern Oregon. You will have more trouble in bend cuz of all the libs moving out there. But even in bend I have seen some open carry dudes. It's just important to know the laws and look confident and people assume you are supposed to have your gun which is true.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/43588.html

This is the tread that covers most of Oregon law as a whole. As time progresses I will move on to individual cities to post and laws that pertain to that particular city. I'm a student so I don't have a ton of time to research laws that don't really affect me.

Post imported post

As I understand it, the only areas east of the Cascades prohibiting open carry are Bend city parks. I understand maybe that OC is OK there if one has a CCW, which I don't, thus the poor memory.

MD

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Machoduck wrote:
    As I understand it, the only areas east of the Cascades prohibiting open carry are Bend city parks. I understand maybe that OC is OK there if one has a CCW, which I don't, thus the poor memory.

MD

All local ordinances which prohibit loaded carry is inapplicable to Oregon CHL holders.