• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC restrictions in central oregon

RevolverPride7

imported post

OC restrictions in central Oregon. i am wanting to start carrying OC, does anyone know central oregon restrictions in per say bend redmond and prineville?

TheHossUSMC

imported post

I have never heard of any over there. I open carry in a drop leg holster when I'm there outside of sisters/bend. I go camping in Christmas valley alot and open carry all around that area.

RevolverPride7

imported post

TheHossUSMC wrote:
I have never heard of any over there. I open carry in a drop leg holster when I'm there outside of sisters/bend. I go camping in Christmas valley alot and open carry all around that area.

sweet thank you. and that actually answered another question of mine, can i were a thigh holster? thank you. i started to open carry yesterday. so far no one has said anything.

TheHossUSMC

imported post

It's not a huge deal over in central/eastern Oregon. You will have more trouble in bend cuz of all the libs moving out there. But even in bend I have seen some open carry dudes. It's just important to know the laws and look confident and people assume you are supposed to have your gun which is true.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/43588.html

This is the tread that covers most of Oregon law as a whole. As time progresses I will move on to individual cities to post and laws that pertain to that particular city. I'm a student so I don't have a ton of time to research laws that don't really affect me.

Machoduck

imported post

As I understand it, the only areas east of the Cascades prohibiting open carry are Bend city parks. I understand maybe that OC is OK there if one has a CCW, which I don't, thus the poor memory.

MD

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Machoduck wrote:
As I understand it, the only areas east of the Cascades prohibiting open carry are Bend city parks. I understand maybe that OC is OK there if one has a CCW, which I don't, thus the poor memory.

MD
All local ordinances which prohibit loaded carry is inapplicable to Oregon CHL holders.