• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TeamSpeak !

1245A Defender

imported post

load up teamspeak software,, its easy, even a caveman could do it!

slowfiveoh
39066.jpg

Joined:Mon Sep 14th, 2009 Location:Lakewood, Washington USA Posts:450 Status: Online Posted: Fri May 14th, 2010 01:03 am QuoteReply http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Download and install the appropriate client:

32bit for 32 bit OS's
64bit for 64 bit OS's

Once installed, go to the top of the client, and click on "Connect".

Enter this information:

Server: ts44.gameservers.com
Port: 9146

Make sure you enter a nickname (preferably the same you use here), and then simply click "Connect".

I am not sure what purpose this may serve other than to allow us to speak together, or put voices to screen names. However, it may turn out to be a good area to converse about matters pertaining to Open Carry.

Long story short:

If its a good thing, I keep it.
If it's crap, well its paid up to the end of the month.

Enjoy!

Oh and ABIDE BY THE RULES!

ive been doing it with the michigan folks for a while,,, last night i saw this and signed up
i was the first new signup and talked with slowfiveoh for a while
space is limited signup while there is still time!

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Actually Skype is much better than Teamspeak. Much more clear audio. These programs are big in the gaming world. I've been using these for years for online gaming, Call of Duty, etc.

1245A Defender

imported post

i wish that my friends here in washington state get on there so we can all chat.
get yourself signed up before the outa staters take up all the slots!
its fun to chat,, but im tired of talking to the michiganers i talk to on the other teamspeak!

1245A Defender

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Actually Skype is much better than Teamspeak. Much more clear audio. These programs are big in the gaming world. I've been using these for years for online gaming, Call of Duty, etc.
i dont care if skype is better!! i had heard of it in passing somewhere,,,once...
but nobody stuck the application in my FACE like this teamspeak is talked up here on OCDO.
maybe ive never gotten into skype cause im not a gamer,, but i am gammy!!
most of us are not really computer savvy, were just barely gettin by.
i have enjoyed talking to michigan in the last month,
i wouldnt even know what a teamspeak was, except i study michigan forum cause their obtuse firearms laws are so interesting.

im not putting down skype, but it never seemed to be part of my mode of communication.
im learning more than my brain can stand, and i cant keep it all in order,
the laws of washington, california, and michigan are all blurring together.
but i want a pluralty of washingtonians to sign up and i look forward to a more local bunch a guys!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

free and very simple to use chat program......

Add [url]http://gabbly.com/[/url]

in front of any URL, and it will add a little live chat window shared with anyone else looking at that URL at the same time. It does have a small static ad running but when using Firefox and ad blocker, it goes away.

example:
http://gabbly.com/http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/

I'm online now... If you register (free) you can lock in your ID.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Skype is way easier to use in my opinion. You create a username and log in. No connecting to certain servers or anything. We can all post our skype usernames here and add each other. It's like an instant messenger with conference calling. Everyone can voice chat. Add without any spaces: paddy .bangs .the .drums

Include the dots.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

We're talking about voice chat though. With skype you just log in with your username and password, and add other people. With teamspeak you gotta copy over the server address, the port, connect and bookmark it. I think skype would be easier for some.

amzbrady

imported post

I gotta dig around see if I can find a microphone, I have speakers on the desktop. I know when I play Halo, alot of people use fox fire, or fire something.

slowfiveoh

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I gotta dig around see if I can find a microphone, I have speakers on the desktop. I know when I play Halo, alot of people use fox fire, or fire something.
Server is still up.

If it doesnt get traffic, no worries. I will simply close it.

amzbrady, you are referring to xfire.

amzbrady

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Server is still up.

If it doesnt get traffic, no worries. I will simply close it.

amzbrady, you are referring to xfire.
Yea, X fire, thats what they are always talking about. I gotta figure out how to do that. I think I have a microphone from an old cassette player.