• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone have the number

quixand

imported post

There was a telephone number on the CT local permit application to a department of firearms or something to call if your application hasn't been approved by the 8 week mark.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, have the number?

quixand

imported post

Yes I understand, but there is a number on the local permit to call if your application isn't approved in 8 weeks.

It's a CT number, to a department of firearms or something. I plan on going to the PD, but wanted to grease the wheels first by calling that number, and unfortunately, I left the copy of my application at home today.

gluegun

imported post

If it's the DPS Special Licensing and Firearms unit, then the number is (860) 685-8290.

Other than a call to the local PD, I'm not sure what other number it might be.

quixand

imported post

Yeah, I called the FBI to find the date of my background check, which was completed and returned March 26th.

I'm just going to swing by the PD today. Should take care of that.

quixand

imported post

LOL..indeed.

Unfortunately, I think the woman running the show there is inundated with calls. Friday I called, and her voicemail box was full, this morning I tried at 9:01, and once again went straight to voicemail, but this time I was able to leave a message.

What a hassle. No wonder no one gets their pistol permit.

peterkuck

imported post

last thursday we had a board meeting (heard 10 cases) got out late.

Friday after a meeting is usually filled up with minutes, notifying lawyers and doinf appeallant letters. Try again and don't give up

peter

quixand

imported post

Not giving up Peter, but man oh man...this has been the most aggravating thing I've ever had to do.

I follow the law and take all the required classes, spend all the required money, fill out all the required paperwork to get this license.

The local police department has laws that THEY are supposed to follow, namely, they have 7 days to approve or disapprove the application after they receive the results of the FBI background checks. But apparently, they do not have to follow the laws required of THEM.

And the only action I have in the matter, is to complain here, or file an appeals that will take over a YEAR to be heard.

:banghead:

It's laughable.

quixand

imported post

So...I went to the local PD yesterday after work, and the records gals who extremely nice, are unable to help me. When asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told he leaves at 4pm.
So I was given a number, called and left a voicemail. No response.

No response from the voicemail I left with the Board of firearms permit examiners either...Friday will be 11 weeks.

Not sure what other recourse I have in this matter. Short of contacting the Chief...who supposedly has my application sitting on his desk since March 26th.

quixand

imported post

I guess all I had to do was ruffle some feathers.

Got the call this afternoon before they closed that it was ready.

Will go to DPS tomorrow to get my permanent.

GoldCoaster

imported post

That's great news. It's a shame that they put people through the hassle but hey, if you need to rattle cages then rattle away, perhaps he won't be so obstinate with the next law abiding citizen who wants their permit.

dwayner79

imported post

quixand wrote:
I guess all I had to do was ruffle some feathers.

Got the call this afternoon before they closed that it was ready.

Will go to DPS tomorrow to get my permanent.

I think mine ended up taking 13 weeks total, so consider yourself lucky ;-)

Glad you got it.