• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meeting in Independence

randyj

imported post

I was just curious if there would be any interest for an OC get together for those of us in Independence and surrounding communities.

I see our friends up in St. Joe are making it happen...I was thinking maybe we could too.

randyj

imported post

I work nights, my days off are on Tues and Wed, so either of those days or evenings would be great, or on a Saturday afternoon.

Any idea's on where you guy's would like to get together at?

Also...I apologize for not responding to my own thread. Had some family drama that needed attending to.

DarenGlock23

imported post

Tomarrow at noon I'll be filing my formal complaint against bass pro for my ejection due to open carry. If anyone wants to they can all go shop at bass pro around 12:00. Support the cause. Educate, and be proper.

Big Boy

imported post

moved my reply about bass pro to another thread.

So where in when is this thing going down? And I know there are more people out there. We had four of us at the Lee's Summit meeting.

Big Boy

imported post

Alright, well, I would suggest a Tuesday or Wed so we can accommodate Randyj (it was his idea after all)

I suppose the easiest thing to tackle first would be venue. When we did it in Lee's Summit we met at IHOP. There is one in Independence, but I'm game for anywhere.

DarenGlock23

imported post

There's a starbucks in independance next to walmart I go to. Ice gotten alot of attention at bass pro. Yes even after I got it all cleared up and my formal apology was given. Just yesterday I was purcasing some things and while no problems in the store I exited looking down the barrels of 3 pistols. Then detained and disarmed. It was all good. The one officer told me I needed a permit to open carry. I'm really starting to dislike the ignorance to the law from Leo. If anyone can. Oc there. You may get a raise but we need to push the subject I've oc'd over 90 hrs in this area this week! Whoops ranted there a bit, ohh well.

DarenGlock23

imported post

Some manager wasent informed of our recent dispute with the store. And obviously not aware that we won and were apologised to. I'm not worried about it really. The ignorance is just amazing.

Big Boy

imported post

That's ridiculous that you are having so much trouble with Bass pro.

I'd be ok with Starbucks if that's where you guys want to meet. However, I'd rather choose somewhere else. I don't like making them the center of attention. They were good enough to keep their corporate policies from banning carry, I don't think we should turn them into our mecca and take over.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Big Boy wrote:
That's ridiculous that you are having so much trouble with Bass pro.

I'd be ok with Starbucks if that's where you guys want to meet. However, I'd rather choose somewhere else. I don't like making them the center of attention. They were good enough to keep their corporate policies from banning carry, I don't think we should turn them into our mecca and take over.
+1

DarenGlock23

imported post

We can't work this week because ford has a quality hold on their trucks. So unfortunatly I cannot make it this weekend. I've carried probably 15 hrs each day in populated areas and only had a few bad stops. Get out there and educate!

Big Boy

imported post

What about June 1st? Tuesday night? Gives every one enough notice. IHOP?