• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meeting in Independence

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I would prefer it closer to St Louis. hehe

Doc

250-Open-Carry-gif.gif

amclint

imported post

I think I'm going to be there as well, does anyone have a recommendation for a good open carry holster for my Ruger LCP ? I work close to The Bullet Hole and live close to Show Me Shooters, so I figure I'll check those two places out.

BILL27GLOCK

imported post

This probably not the best you can buy however I bought a Bianchi leather holster for mine at Armsmart in Indep. Just a snap holster but works very well for me, very concealable.

amclint

imported post

Sounds like we've got quite a good number of people, hopefully everyone can make it.

nrepuyan

imported post

Big Boy wrote:
Everyone good with this?

it may be better for down the line when you attempt to plan something to do as doc does.....[seems to work rather well actually]...instead of asking what date works best for everyone and dealing with all that bs of trying to please everyone, you could spend forever trying to find a date and time that works for EVERYONE. just pick and set a date and tell people said date? those who have any desire to come or can attend that date, will be there. those with conflicts will attend the next one etc etc.

seems like that would be a heck of allot less stressful to plan as you guys seem to have had almost 2 pages just for trying to pick a single date...

doc has been doin it this way and each time the gathering grows a little more and to me has been rather successful...

just my .02 cents.

hope you have a good turn out.

Big Boy

imported post

Everybody has their own way of doing things. The date is set. June 1st 6:30. Also seems there'll be about 8-9 people. That's a pretty decent turn out.

Big Boy

imported post

Last time we met in Lee's Summit comsec went in early and got a table, it worked well.

I'll do the same thing, show up about 10 min early and get enough table room to accommodate 9-10 people. So far we have 9 who have said that they are coming. Just come in and tell them you were meeting a group, I think they'll figure it out.

peterarthur

imported post

lol... ok, see you at the "next" one (working nights next week). I look forward to meeting the KC open carriers... eventually :)