• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CO Community Colleges to allow concealed carry.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not totally open carry related, but another step in the right direction for us all.

Administrators of the state's community college system have decided to repeal a policy banning concealed weapons from its 13 campuses to comply with a court ruling against a similar ban on University of Colorado campuses.

The Colorado Community College System made the change Monday.

Aims Community College similarly revised its campus weapons policy for its five campuses. Aims president Marilynn Marsi Liddell said the decision was made to comply with court rulings and state law.

The school's board of trustees voted unanimously Thursday during a special session. Aims is not under the Colorado Community College System.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15082277

Flyer22

imported post

I heard about this on the radio late last night. I'm glad that some colleges in this state are getting some common sense (albeit belatedly).

I had an opportunity recently to talk toa memberof the UCCS administration, and he was an idiot through and through. They'll allow guns only after much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
I heard about this on the radio late last night. I'm glad that some colleges in this state are getting some common sense (albeit belatedly).

I had an opportunity recently to talk toa memberof the UCCS administration, and he was an idiot through and through. They'll allow guns only after much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Yee-ha! It's nice to see that a concerted campaign of letter-writing can still change educate minds.

Though I suspect the real kicker is that the lawyers told them how much it would cost if they tried to ignore the very strong precedent (case law) of a state supreme court ruling.