• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May 22 OC Litter Pickup (RENO)

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

The event has been moved to May 22 as there are a few more people that will be able to come on May 22 than on May 15. New thread created because I couldn't change the name of the thread. See our thread here titled May 15 OC litter pickup:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/43822.html

In case if people are not sure where this is, this will be at Noon near the side of the river. There is parking under the keystone bridge. To get there, just drive down keystone avenue from down town heading south and then instead of going over the bridge follow the little road the right of the bridge that leads to the parking underneath. It's on the corner of Keystone Avenue and Riverside Drive.

Google Earth Link to location.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2883584/RenoOClocation.kmz

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

That was quite a lot of fun. It seems that somebody else beat us to most of the trash along the route we took. It was way cleaner than I had seen when I scouted it out earlier. But we found quite a bit of other trash by heading down the river in the opposite direction. Here's some pictures:

OCtrash.JPG

Download Bigger Image:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2883584/OCCrewMay22.JPG

Varminter22 was also here but not pictured as he left before this picture was taken. There were some other pictures we took at the start that he has.

Here are the pics of our trash bags:

In the truck:
OCtrash2.JPG

Awaiting disposal:
OCtrash3.JPG

varminter22

imported post

Pretty much "downtown" Reno. A very nice park right beside the Truckee River. Even the desert is quite green now.

You should come up for a visit!

jfrey123

imported post

All you ol' school revolver packers!!! I was the only one there with an evil semi auto... Jeez thanks!!!

LOL all joking aside it was a great day. Lots of positive contact with the public, including off duty LEO from Cali whom allowed us to educate him on 'Nee-VAUH-duh's open carry legality. He mentioned being a LEO in Cali still has a lot of rules for his carrying of a firearm. Quite a few thank you's from other citizens as well as supportive comments from the Seg-Way tour guide who mentioned he'd seen the open carry stuff on the internet and gave us a thumbs up.

I did a little shopping on my way home at the Save-Mart on McCarren and Prater. No issues inside, got a smile from the pharmacy when I was strong side out to them looking for shoe inserts.

Mike In Reno

imported post

nice job guys, sucks for me< i have to work weekends! its mandatory! :(, we should hold one during the week in my favor! and now with the semester done, i have much more time!~