Thread: Gov. Henry vetoes HB 3354,

Post imported post

http://www.gov.ok.gov/index.php

The link will take you to his web page. In the bottom right corner is link to legislative actiontaken. Search HB3354 and click on the VETOED link. It hashis explanation of why he took this action. Of course all the reasoning is bogus. There is still a chance the Senate and House will override the veto, if they have enough time. Keep those letters and email and phone calls coming to your elected representatives. There is still hope.

Post imported post

What a Moron. I guess by his (Lack of) logic, my state of Colorado as well as Vermont, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, etc. must be dangerous war zones because we allow OC. Maybe if Oklahoma passes more gun control, they can be safe like Chicago, New York, and LA. Advil please

oklaccer wrote:
    http://www.gov.ok.gov/index.php

The link will take you to his web page. In the bottom right corner is link to legislative actiontaken. Search HB3354 and click on the VETOED link. It hashis explanation of why he took this action. Of course all the reasoning is bogus. There is still a chance the Senate and House will override the veto, if they have enough time. Keep those letters and email and phone calls coming to your elected representatives. There is still hope.

Post imported post

I sure hope Gov. Henrysveto gets overriden because this is crap.

Post imported post

Oh Henry sez he received an "A" from the NRA, which does not endorse citizens OC in public.

Come on, Oklahoma Legislature override the veto.

Post imported post

I heard from an admittedly unreliable source that the senate already voted and failed to override the veto. Does anybody know when the vote is going to be?

Post imported post

NewMoonTherian wrote:
    I heard from an admittedly unreliable source that the senate already voted and failed to override the veto. Does anybody know when the vote is going to be?
    They are going to try to put the vote together next week sometime; I believe as early in the week as they can.

The veto you are talking about took place a couple of weeks ago. It was a veto of the Firearms Freedom Act, and the veto did hold.

Post imported post

Arkyhog wrote:
    They are going to try to put the vote together next week sometime; I believe as early in the week as they can.

The veto you are talking about took place a couple of weeks ago. It was a veto of the Firearms Freedom Act, and the veto did hold.
    Thanks a million for the quick response! I knew they couldn't move that fast. You've taken a load off my mind.

Now, everybody, call your senators! We've got a couple of days to put the squeeze on any fence-sitters. The house seems pretty secure, but it never hurts to drop an email.

Post imported post

If the majorities were veto-proof, then how did it get vetoed?

I don't understand.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    If the majorities were veto-proof, then how did it get vetoed?

I don't understand.
    The original number of votes, if the votes held, were a "veto-proof" amount. However, when the vote came up to over-ride the veto, many Democrats changed their votes to side with their governor rather than vote against him, or they simply didn't vote. They were politically motivated votes and had nothing to do with the issue.

Also, when campaign time comes these people who voted against over-riding the veto and the ones who walked away from the over-ride vote will be saying they voted FOR the Firearms Freedom Act and only the well-informed will know the shenanigans they have pulled.

Post imported post

It ain't over... The Oklahoma Legislature will have the last say.

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    Absolutely!

Post imported post

Arkyhog wrote:
    aadvark wrote:
    Absolutely!
    Representative Rex Duncan is saying it will be next week, earlier rather than later!

Promise to override veto