• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Henry vetoes HB 3354,

okiephlyer

imported post

http://www.gov.ok.gov/index.php

The link will take you to his web page. In the bottom right corner is link to legislative actiontaken. Search HB3354 and click on the VETOED link. It hashis explanation of why he took this action. Of course all the reasoning is bogus. There is still a chance the Senate and House will override the veto, if they have enough time. Keep those letters and email and phone calls coming to your elected representatives. There is still hope.

AZ2CO09

imported post

What a Moron. I guess by his (Lack of) logic, my state of Colorado as well as Vermont, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, etc. must be dangerous war zones because we allow OC. Maybe if Oklahoma passes more gun control, they can be safe like Chicago, New York, and LA. :banghead:Advil please

oklaccer wrote:
http://www.gov.ok.gov/index.php

The link will take you to his web page. In the bottom right corner is link to legislative actiontaken. Search HB3354 and click on the VETOED link. It hashis explanation of why he took this action. Of course all the reasoning is bogus. There is still a chance the Senate and House will override the veto, if they have enough time. Keep those letters and email and phone calls coming to your elected representatives. There is still hope.

GWbiker

imported post

Oh Henry sez he received an "A" from the NRA, which does not endorse citizens OC in public. :banghead:

Come on, Oklahoma Legislature override the veto.

NewMoonTherian

imported post

I heard from an admittedly unreliable source that the senate already voted and failed to override the veto. Does anybody know when the vote is going to be?

Arkyhog

imported post

NewMoonTherian wrote:
I heard from an admittedly unreliable source that the senate already voted and failed to override the veto. Does anybody know when the vote is going to be?

They are going to try to put the vote together next week sometime; I believe as early in the week as they can.

The veto you are talking about took place a couple of weeks ago. It was a veto of the Firearms Freedom Act, and the veto did hold.

NewMoonTherian

imported post

Arkyhog wrote:
They are going to try to put the vote together next week sometime; I believe as early in the week as they can.

The veto you are talking about took place a couple of weeks ago. It was a veto of the Firearms Freedom Act, and the veto did hold.
Thanks a million for the quick response! I knew they couldn't move that fast. You've taken a load off my mind.

Now, everybody, call your senators! We've got a couple of days to put the squeeze on any fence-sitters. The house seems pretty secure, but it never hurts to drop an email.

Arkyhog

imported post

ixtow wrote:
If the majorities were veto-proof, then how did it get vetoed?

I don't understand.

The original number of votes, if the votes held, were a "veto-proof" amount. However, when the vote came up to over-ride the veto, many Democrats changed their votes to side with their governor rather than vote against him, or they simply didn't vote. They were politically motivated votes and had nothing to do with the issue.

Also, when campaign time comes these people who voted against over-riding the veto and the ones who walked away from the over-ride vote will be saying they voted FOR the Firearms Freedom Act and only the well-informed will know the shenanigans they have pulled.

aadvark

imported post

It ain't over... The Oklahoma Legislature will have the last say.