• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Simple Math

Nick Justice

imported post

CA Government Code Section 812:

Police don’t have to come when you call 911

plus...

CA Government Code Section 845:

Cities and counties don’t even need to have police departments to begin with

plus...

845.2. Except as provided in Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 830 [a public works statute]), neither a public entity nor a public employee is liable for failure to provide a prison, jail or penal or correctional facility or, if such facility is provided, for failure to provide sufficient equipment, personnel or facilities therein.

plus...

The government is under no duty to protect you from killers and madmen (Bowers v. DeVito).

plus...

Early release of thousands of criminals

plus...

Convicted violent felons still running loose.

plus...

Public Safety Committee refusing to consider bills to enhance sentences or change statutes of limitations because the prisons are too crowded.

equals...YOU CAN’T DEPEND ON THE GOV’T FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY!

Buy a gun. Carry it with you. When the bad guy attacks, shoot him.

demnogis

imported post

Sounds fantastic... except for the fact that the legislators even want to go so far as ensuring no legal form of arming ourselves for our security and safety.

In that case truly only criminals and cops would be armed. Getting LOC cant come any sooner... I swear.

Tack

imported post

Excuse me, my fiend, but you are trying to make a reasoned argument given our current condition. Please allow me to make another line of argument;

There is a liberal majority in both legislative houses. (The reasons why is a separate discussion.)

The leaders of the liberal majority have decided it is in their interests to oppose second amendment rights.

The governor will not veto their legislation.

You can write your conservative legislator if you want. He is outvoted. You may write your liberal legislator if you want. I've yet to see one oppose his party. *

I conclude they can take away any or all of our second amendment rights any time they want to.

The attorney general will not support our appeal.

You will have to change these conditions before you expect a different outcome.

*I write them, but I doubt it does any good. It preserves the illusion of democracy and that helps me sleep at night.

demnogis

imported post

The next step is the Ballot Box. Evict all incumbents and get in true conservatives (those who honor and uphold the constitution).

Be cautious about voting (R). There are too many RINOs who partake in the Progressive agenda and will still vote against the Constitution, vote for taxes, vote for amnesty, etc etc etc... Make a conscientious and informed vote.