• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First bad OC experience, at a bank none the less

eye95

imported post

I think I'd rather treat them respectfully, hoping that they'd come to accept OC. I'd worry that my having bested them would leave a bitter taste in their mouths for OC.

OC needs friends, not conquered enemies.

Kolat

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Or, maybe he just doesn't want to make trouble for a whole bank when the problem might be just one errant manager.

How about we give this situation a chance to play out before we start implying that the OP is some kind of rhetorical coward.

Correct, I don't see the point in people having a kneejerk reaction before the fat lady sings.

If the manager had'nt seemed to genuinely want to get more info then I'd be more than happy to call them out, but as it stands it was a bad experience but was not blown out of proportion and I dd'nt get handcuffed or anything.

T

M

McX

imported post

i read the title, and dropped by, read the 1st post, and thought to comment; you notice how time and time again, cops starting naming off lame ass stuff, like they're going down a list of poo, and seeing how you'll respond to it? i can nail you for not rotating your ties today................respond?.........................

Ole Man Dan

imported post

Don't expect Bankers to know anything about gun laws.
Most of these guys BS and act like they know what they are doing. Cause they are in charge...
(Hand them a copy of the Law)

Expect that they will ask you to leave.
FIND A NEW BANK.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Kolat if you feel more comfortable PM some us in Washington forum we may already know what your Banks corporate policy is. M1gunr is real good for this info.

open4years

imported post

The fact that he is going to call security to see if he can get something in writing, tells me that he is still anti-gun. I also want to know the bank's name. You are just reporting what happened. It is perfectly legal, and appropriate, to mention the bank's name.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

US Bank Corp Policy - No OC (actual policy is no guns)

Bank of America - allows lawful carry

Key Bank - allows lawful carry

Chase - No weapons and no accounts that sell firearms.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8119/img1236x.jpg

found this at another forum I belong to, thought I would pass the word along:

So I got a package in the mail from them with a coupon inviting me to open an account a few weeks ago.

Walked into the branch and sat down to open a personal account. Bank rep says what do you do for work. I say I'm opening a gun store in a few weeks my license is pending and my office is just down the road from here.

He says excuse me, gets up and walks to the manager.

Manager says "Hi, JP Morgan Chase wants nothing to do with firearms or anything related. Your business is not welcome here. Have a nice day."

I'm completely taken aback at this. They're not opening a bank account for me because..... I'm a gun dealer? This dosen't sit right with me. I hop on the computer and write out a short letter to the CEO explaining how absurd I think this is. Dropped it in the mail last week and got a response back today.

Its a form letter with a few modifications but they're pretty clear.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7859/img1235n.jpg

Kolat

imported post

OK so I talked to the manager at the bank today after work, then was prompted to talk to their local security expert who is in charge of their local Security and got a lot more info.

First the bank was CHASE bank, will be adding this post to the First post when I get done.

Second the assistant manager who told me that he was told by the store manager was refering to the manager of the grocery store that the branch is located in, not the manager of the branch. So I ended up talking to the manager of the branch today, It was a rather frustrating call she said she understood the law and that since washington state issued concealed carry permits that she felt that I should conceal my pistol when in the bank. I told her that legally she could tell me that I could'nt carry in the branch and if I did'nt comply then they could have me arrested for trespassing and asked her if that was what would happen if I continued to carry as I have for the last 4 years. She just repeated what she had already said instead of answering me, I then explained to her that I felt that openly carrying a firearm was preventative and would lower the odds of me actually needing to use it, she then said the same thing AGAIN, and offered to have their security expert call me, I think I surprised her when I said OK!

Third About 2 hours later the local security expert gave me a call, conversation with him went much better. He started out telling me that chase chooses to follow washington state law and since washington state allows open carry that they are perfectly fine with open carry in their branches, and furthermore he has informed the employees at all the branches that it is perfectly legal to open carry and to help anyone OCing out and to tell them to have a nice day. He did say that they of course would'nt want someone OCing to be resting their hands on the butt of the gun, etc.

T

okboomer

imported post

Tess wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
X2!

But, Chase is one of the few banks that has actually paid off their billions of dollars in debt from bailout funds from 2008. They had it paid in less than 1 years time. Most other banks have not paid a dime back yet.
I haven't researched the entire issue, but some I trust have pointed out that Chase did not, in fact, repay the entire amount but rather a part of it, and did it with borrowed funds.

Not saying this to help or hurt anyone or anything, just reminding us that a full-page ad in a newspaper saying "ain't we great" is not enough for me.
'Bout like that GM commercial :banghead:

Kolat

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
US Bank Corp Policy - No OC (actual policy is no guns)

Bank of America - allows lawful carry

Key Bank - allows lawful carry

Chase - No weapons and no accounts that sell firearms.

found this at another forum I belong to, thought I would pass the word along:

So I got a package in the mail from them with a coupon inviting me to open an account a few weeks ago.

Walked into the branch and sat down to open a personal account. Bank rep says what do you do for work. I say I'm opening a gun store in a few weeks my license is pending and my office is just down the road from here.

He says excuse me, gets up and walks to the manager.

Manager says "Hi, JP Morgan Chase wants nothing to do with firearms or anything related. Your business is not welcome here. Have a nice day."

I'm completely taken aback at this. They're not opening a bank account for me because..... I'm a gun dealer? This dosen't sit right with me. I hop on the computer and write out a short letter to the CEO explaining how absurd I think this is. Dropped it in the mail last week and got a response back today.

Its a form letter with a few modifications but they're pretty clear.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7859/img1235n.jpg

From my conversation today chase is NOT anti gun despite the no firearms selling companies policy.

T

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great job Kolat!!! Chase has been an issue with many OC'ers here in Washington. Did you get the name and number of the person you talked to? Are they willing to put anything in writing?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Close your chase account.

They do not support us.

They even had some employees lie which led to charges for a member here (that were dismissed)....