• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying NRA raffle tickets pays off...

PavePusher

imported post

I was just notified that I have won a Rock River Arms LAR-15 w/ Eotech sight. I pick it up tomorrow or Sunday. Wow. No, I can't remember which model, really don't care. I get to play tinker-toy-gunz! Yessssssss!

Coincidentally, my birthday is very soon. And yes,I'm running around the house doing a happy-dance right now. :celebrate:celebrate

Will I ever Open Carry it? Probably not, unless I take it to the range by bicycle or motorcycle.

Only The Shadow knows....

Edit: Report and pictures below.

M

McX

imported post

are we sharing? congrats though; double with it being on the birthday!

PavePusher

imported post

I got it!!!!

Appears to be a very lightly (if at all)used RRA LAR-15 CAR A4, with generic 4-position stock, an unknown but comfy contoured grip with thumb-rest, and a flip-up rear sight I haven't identified yet. EOTech sight. Came with 2 30-rd.Thermold mags by D. & D. Inc., Plano case and USMC Technical Manual TM 05538C-23&P/2.

I rounded up 4 US Milspec 30-rd. metal mags by O-Kay Ind. ($52), an armourers wrench and single-point sling ($70), bore brush/muzzle cap/25 stripper clips ($9), 500-rd. case of Federal American Eagle 55gr. FMJ & 3 stripper guides ($200) at various vendors. Just need to get a sling adapter to go under the stock.

Absolutely no slop between upper and lower, pins are tight, but can be pushed/pulled with fingers. Trigger pull seems heavy but very crisp. Mags all lock in snuggly, but drop out under their own weight when released. It is the Awesome sauce. Pictures follow...

P.S. What is the easiest way to resize pictures to get them under this board's size limit? (Windows XP)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

176863690_a1534404d6.jpg

mzbk2l

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
P.S. What is the easiest way to resize pictures to get them under this board's size limit? (Windows XP)
Congrats, Pave!

The easiest thing I've EVER found for image resizing with XP is the Microsoft PowerToy "Image Resizer." You can resize a single or multiple images with a single right click. The default setting creates a new image with the selected size, or you can resize originals. You don't have to open any programs, you just right click on the image(s) you want to resize and select "Resize Image." You pick the size and it does its thing.

You can download here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

(There are several other very handy little applications there, too. I use Image Resizer, TweakUI, Alt-Tab Replacement, and Sync Toy.)

PavePusher

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Congrats, Pave!

The easiest thing I've EVER found for image resizing with XP is the Microsoft PowerToy "Image Resizer." You can resize a single or multiple images with a single right click. The default setting creates a new image with the selected size, or you can resize originals. You don't have to open any programs, you just right click on the image(s) you want to resize and select "Resize Image." You pick the size and it does its thing.

You can download here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

(There are several other very handy little applications there, too. I use Image Resizer, TweakUI, Alt-Tab Replacement, and Sync Toy.)
Hoo-rah, that was just what I needed mz, many thanks! If we ever meet up, first beverage/food dish is on me.

PavePusher

imported post

Also need some bayonette assistance. The bayo that fits on my Mossberg 590 will clip onto the AR lug, but is loose on the barrel and half the blade is behind the flash suppresor. Did they change to a different bayo for the AR's, and if so, what model fits? Or is there an adapter somewhere?

Silly modern stuff... :uhoh::banghead::lol:

Dahwg

imported post

Very nice. Man, it's good to hear about someone who actually wins one of those. I'd be happy to win just the EOTech- but she's a beauty for sure.