Thread: My first ever OC-- to HyVee was...

Post imported post

Well thats about how exciting it was. I think a couple people noticed. But nothing obvious. One lady might have did a double take but I'm not sure. No mothers gasping grabbing her children. It was about 10pm and I was wearing a fleece which kinda blocked view from front, but not really. There wasn't really that many people there and I just went about my business for about 20-30min. But I do look like I am an LEO, been told/asked a few times. And I have heard I have a soft friendly nature about me so maybe that helped people to be at ease. So I guess it is a good thing. Still waiting for when I can OC on my motorcycle. That might generate some LEO contact.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Post imported post

Congratulations, and welcome from a fellow Madisonian.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Motofixxer wrote:
    Well thats about how exciting it was. I think a couple people noticed. But nothing obvious. One lady might have did a double take but I'm not sure. No mothers gasping grabbing her children. It was about 10pm and I was wearing a fleece which kinda blocked view from front, but not really. There wasn't really that many people there and I just went about my business for about 20-30min. But I do look like I am an LEO, been told/asked a few times. And I have heard I have a soft friendly nature about me so maybe that helped people to be at ease. So I guess it is a good thing. Still waiting for when I can OC on my motorcycle. That might generate some LEO contact.
    Congrats and welcome aboard. Carry on
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

WELCOME!

As for your encounter, or lack there of:

As more and more people OC, and as OC becomes common place, reactions to OC will become non-existant. Your experience is "the goal."

Congratulations, and...

Carry On.

Post imported post

Congratulations and welcome to the board.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Post imported post

I OC in that HyVee often. Welcome to the forum, and carry on!
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Post imported post

Thx for the welcome. It was uneventful, which I agree is good. But I honestly was expecting at least some looks or something. I know how uptight people are around here. But people are gonna have to change. It's just an odd feeling walking around carrying. For years I have been taught essentially...Loaded is for hunting, or LEO's, and away from roads.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

Post imported post

Well I decided to visit my 2 nearby Menards stores while OC, nothing special. So I also had to make a stop at Best Buy. I walked in OC. Two securities were at door busy talking. I walked over to look at a couple things right in the front. No problem...get over to computers look at a couple things. This BIG DUDE about 6'4"ish and probably 300+lbs in a red shirt walks by me just looks at me. No problem I keep shopping. I see him walk by me again. I walk to couple other departments to check things then head for the door. There he is again standing in the main aisle at the checkouts. He is just standing there hands at his side watching me as I walk up the last aisle and out the door. As I walked kinda by him I noticed another employee about 15' to the right of me in the main aisle head turned talking into his radio mic on his shoulder. Don't know if he was talking about me but seemed a coincidence... The big guy was a bit intimidating to me. And I had the firearm LoL. Then I went to WalMart and that also seemed uneventful till I left. I seen a Cop car sitting over in the corner of the parking lot. Then as I was pulling out another pulled in and met up with the other one. Just coincidence...maybe...called for me....maybe. But it was fun.