• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first ever OC-- to HyVee was...

Motofixxer

imported post

Well thats about how exciting it was. I think a couple people noticed. But nothing obvious. One lady might have did a double take but I'm not sure. No mothers gasping grabbing her children. It was about 10pm and I was wearing a fleece which kinda blocked view from front, but not really. There wasn't really that many people there and I just went about my business for about 20-30min. But I do look like I am an LEO, been told/asked a few times. And I have heard I have a soft friendly nature about me so maybe that helped people to be at ease. So I guess it is a good thing. Still waiting for when I can OC on my motorcycle. That might generate some LEO contact.

johnny amish

imported post

Motofixxer wrote:
Well thats about how exciting it was. I think a couple people noticed. But nothing obvious. One lady might have did a double take but I'm not sure. No mothers gasping grabbing her children. It was about 10pm and I was wearing a fleece which kinda blocked view from front, but not really. There wasn't really that many people there and I just went about my business for about 20-30min. But I do look like I am an LEO, been told/asked a few times. And I have heard I have a soft friendly nature about me so maybe that helped people to be at ease. So I guess it is a good thing. Still waiting for when I can OC on my motorcycle. That might generate some LEO contact.
Congrats and welcome aboard. Carry on

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WELCOME!

As for your encounter, or lack there of:

As more and more people OC, and as OC becomes common place, reactions to OC will become non-existant. Your experience is "the goal."

Congratulations, and...

Carry On.

Motofixxer

imported post

Thx for the welcome. It was uneventful, which I agree is good. But I honestly was expecting at least some looks or something. I know how uptight people are around here. But people are gonna have to change. It's just an odd feeling walking around carrying. For years I have been taught essentially...Loaded is for hunting, or LEO's, and away from roads.

Motofixxer

imported post

Well I decided to visit my 2 nearby Menards stores while OC, nothing special. So I also had to make a stop at Best Buy. I walked in OC. Two securities were at door busy talking. I walked over to look at a couple things right in the front. No problem...get over to computers look at a couple things. This BIG DUDE about 6'4"ish and probably 300+lbs in a red shirt walks by me just looks at me. No problem I keep shopping. I see him walk by me again. I walk to couple other departments to check things then head for the door. There he is again standing in the main aisle at the checkouts. He is just standing there hands at his side watching me as I walk up the last aisle and out the door. As I walked kinda by him I noticed another employee about 15' to the right of me in the main aisle head turned talking into his radio mic on his shoulder. Don't know if he was talking about me but seemed a coincidence... The big guy was a bit intimidating to me. And I had the firearm LoL. Then I went to WalMart and that also seemed uneventful till I left. I seen a Cop car sitting over in the corner of the parking lot. Then as I was pulling out another pulled in and met up with the other one. Just coincidence...maybe...called for me....maybe. But it was fun.