• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bike Route Open Carry

swatpro911

imported post

Are there any bike path/routes that prohibits you from open carrying? If so which routes to avoid or which routes to take. Knowing that some bike path/routes belong to the city and national park.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If the bike route "belongs" to the city then preemption would prohibit them from banning oipen carry.

If the bike route belongs to the NPS the new federal law tells them they have to abide by state law, in which case see above.

Essentially I see you worrying about a non-entity. Go ride your bike. Enjoy the sunshine. Take pictures. Get someone to take pictures of you. Post the pictures.

stay safe.

skidmark