• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control Leads to Increased Crime: ABC 20/20 New Report

eye95

imported post

Don't be too surprised. Stossel no longer works for ABC. On his new network (Fox News), he gets a full hour every week, not just a short segment, where he speaks out for Liberty every week.

He proves during each episode that reason trumps emotion.

KBCraig

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Stossel no longer works for ABC. On his new network (Fox News), he gets a full hour every week, not just a short segment, where he speaks out for Liberty every week.
Important distinction: He works for Fox Business Network. Not everyone gets both channels. FBN is decidedly more libertarian than Fox News, which pretty much jumped the shark when they hired Geraldo Rivera.

Back when Fox was a true alternative and did real reporting, they were great, just like CNN was when they first started up. These days, 90% of their "news" is exactly what you see on ABCNBCCBSMSNBCCNN, usually with the same leftist and government apologist slant. The rest of the content is raving op-ed from bloviating neocon blowhards who might talk a good game about one certain issue on one day, then post something else the next day that is the complete ideological opposite.

KansasMustang

imported post

I dunno,,i still like Foxnews, it's the only place you can get most of the news anyhow. The other nets only show what the statists want you to see.

eye95

imported post

Thanks for the correction.

While Fox is getting soft lately, it is still a far better alternative than the rest of the networks.

eye95

imported post

I listen to what has the most information. On the rare occasions when I watch one of the other networks, I get no additional information than I got from watching Fox. However, Fox always presents information that I did not get from the other networks.

KBCraig

imported post

I've given up completely on TV news. I can read a helluva lot faster than they can talk, while simultaneously exploring the subject in more depth than you'll see on TV.

It's the age of the internet and DVRs. I no longer have the patience to wait through commercials and teasers.

okboomer

imported post

I want to see Shep show the bouncing bear again, and again, and again :celebrate

What, get my news from only one news source :what:, no way! Gotta look at the past and what led to the disasters and such, and be on the lookout for those same trends today ... like I see now.