Thread: NH Gov Getting Gun Display Bill

Post imported post

The Senate voted Wednesday to pass the bill that would make it legal to respond to a threat by displaying a gun. It is more limited than an earlier bill that would have expanded the use of deadly force, which was vetoed by Gov. John Lynch in 2006. That proposal would have allowed the use of deadly force in public whenever someone felt threatened.

I wish they just pass that Stand Your Ground Law just to keep us Lawful citizen safe from frivolous lawsuits from the criminals and their family's.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

BobbyGun71 wrote:
    The Senate voted Wednesday to pass the bill that would make it legal to respond to a threat by displaying a gun. It is more limited than an earlier bill that would have expanded the use of deadly force, which was vetoed by Gov. John Lynch in 2006. That proposal would have allowed the use of deadly force in public whenever someone felt threatened.

Â*I wish they just pass that Stand Your Ground Law just to keep us Lawful citizen safe from frivolous lawsuits from the criminals and their family's.Â* Â*
    Yes, we definitely need a stand your ground law in NH. Even more importantly, we need to reform the criminal threatening laws which are putting good people behind bars every day.

Post imported post

Good Deal!

Now, New Hampshire joins the ranks of Arizona and Utah!

Whatever happened to the alleged Public Building and Capitol Building Firearms-ban Legislation? Did it make it to the Floor of The New Hampshire Legislature, or did it die in Committee?

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    Good Deal!

Whatever happened to the alleged Public Building and Capitol Building Firearms-ban Legislation?Â* Did it make it to the Floor of The New Hampshire Legislature, or did it die in Committee?
    It didn't make it. The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (NHLiberty.org) probably has information on the votes and such on their forum. We need to be sure to replace the people who voted the wrong way.

Post imported post

This bill is prima facia evidence that open carry has advantages over concealed carry. Remind the concealed carry knuckleheads about this bill the next time they tell you that you will lose your tactical advantage if you open carry.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    Good Deal!

Whatever happened to the alleged Public Building and Capitol Building Firearms-ban Legislation? Did it make it to the Floor of The New Hampshire Legislature, or did it die in Committee?
    Not sure what happened but in New Hampshire, every bill goes to the floor. If a bill fails in committee, it still goes to the floor. I don't know of any other state like that.

Post imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
    aadvark wrote:
    Good Deal!

It didn't make it. The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (NHLiberty.org) probably has information on the votes and such on their forum. We need to be sure to replace the people who voted the wrong way.
    Not sure about the public building and public open carry ban. But last time I checked the Ban on carrying firearms into the state house is still in effect as well some buildings around the state house. It was never a law just a rule the committee members made and passed under the power they have to decide what goes on in the buildings. You will not be arrested if you carry into the buildings just asked to leave and come back with out the firearm. If you fail to follow the orders then they can arrest you for trespassing. But as I understand it they knew they would never be able to get the votes needed to pass the rule into law so they never tried. Instead they took the back door approach and voted on and passed it as a rule.

If you have information backing something up that says other wise then feel free to post the link to the vote or the link to the news paper saying this rule was over turned. Again I'm only talking about the Capital building and not the bill they tried to pass on banning open carry in pubic buildings.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

NewHampshireNative2005 wrote:
    LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
    aadvark wrote:
    Good Deal!

Whatever happened to the alleged Public Building and Capitol Building Firearms-ban Legislation?Â* Did it make it to the Floor of The New Hampshire Legislature, or did it die in Committee?
    Not sure about the public building and public open carry ban. But last time I checked the Ban on carrying firearms into the state house is still in effect as well some buildings around the state house. It was never a law just a rule the committee members made and passed under the power they have to decide what goes on in the buildings. You will not be arrested if you carry into the buildings just asked to leave and come back with out the firearm. If you fail to follow the orders then they can arrest you for trespassing. But as I understand it they knew they would never be able to get the votes needed to pass the rule into law so they never tried. Instead they took the back door approach and voted on and passed it as a rule.

If you have information backing something up that says other wise then feel free to post the link to the vote or the link to the news paper saying this rule was over turned. Again I'm only talking about the Capital building and not the bill they tried to pass on banning open carry in pubic buildings.
    Sorry to nitpick, but the rule that was passed was done without statutory power. There is nothing in the law that gives that committee the power to ban guns. In any case, as you pointed out, it's not law; you'll just be asked to leave. If it's concealed, you shouldn't have an issue.