• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PT-145 laser

architect

imported post

halo6941 wrote:
anyone know were I can find a laser that fits a Pt-145?
I have the Armalaser that fits the PT145. I have had problems with it that I will describe in a PM if you wish. I do not want to post criticism in a public forum because I have not contacted the vendor about these issues.

cscitney87

imported post

From my experience- you do not want an intrusive laser on this pistol. Look into replacing your rear sight to incorporate a laser. Anything in front of the trigger guard is just Not practical for concealed carry with this pistol. You won't find a great fitting holster either. So open carry and concealed carry are both harder. If you find a holster that properly houses a laser- let me know- because there's nothing out there. I had to use a cheap nylon hip holster and even that was a stretch.

Get the laser built into the grip or get a laser into the rear sight. That way you get can a prefab formed holster that will be safer, more comfortable, and more convenient.

cscitney87

imported post

Night sights are neat and all.. but with a laser you can simply Point and Shoot. No need to align your eyes with the front and rear sights. A laser lets you shoot from the hip much more accurately. I think that's what people are going for with the Laser issue. They want to be able to point and shoot by looking at where the laser light is positioned on the Bad guy.