• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Spokane

sirtirithon

imported post

Greetings!

I have CC for about 3 years now. I honestly never even considered OC as a viable carry option, there seems to be speculation on if it's really legal or not in WA at least amongst the couple ofLEO's I have talked with. I have never attempted it mainly for this reason. It also seems like a major headache dealing with all of the store managers, anti's, and even friends and family who would probably write me off as a wacko. But after discovering this website it has sparked an interest in possibly trying OC.

One question I have is this: If OC is legal in WA, then I'm assuming I don't really have to be concerned with printing when I CC? or even being "made" ? I have always taken great care in being completely concealed. Which can be a major pain as most of you know. If OC is legal, I would think i could carry IWB with a tshirt and not worry if I'm printing or not and be far more comfortable. I haven't seen any mention of a printing law in WA maybe someone can clear this up for me.

Another question, are any of you from Spokane and have you open carried here? Any feedback? Thanks!

amzbrady

imported post

sirtirithon wrote:
Greetings!

I have CC for about 3 years now. I honestly never even considered OC as a viable carry option, there seems to be speculation on if it's really legal or not in WA at least amongst the couple ofLEO's I have talked with. I have never attempted it mainly for this reason. It also seems like a major headache dealing with all of the store managers, anti's, and even friends and family who would probably write me off as a wacko. But after discovering this website it has sparked an interest in possibly trying OC.

One question I have is this: If OC is legal in WA, then I'm assuming I don't really have to be concerned with printing when I CC? or even being "made" ? I have always taken great care in being completely concealed. Which can be a major pain as most of you know. If OC is legal, I would think i could carry IWB with a tshirt and not worry if I'm printing or not and be far more comfortable. I haven't seen any mention of a printing law in WA maybe someone can clear this up for me.

Another question, are any of you from Spokane and have you open carried here? Any feedback? Thanks!
you need to go to one of the open carry meets and sit with some of the guys.

o2ryan

imported post

There are several good people here is Spokane that Open Carry regularly. I am more of a weekend warrior as I have a job that would not look favorably on me carrying in that fashion. Just yesterday I striped my over shirt and carried IWB with my t-shirt tucked behind the holster while running several errands.

We do attempt at occasional meet-ups but can't seem to get anything consistent going.

This seems like a great opportunity to set one up. Sirtirithon, you propose a time and place that works well for you and we will be glad to spend some time sharing our OC experiences and putting your mind at ease about the practice of Open Carry. The Onion restaurant has always been welcoming to us, but then again I have not been to a restaurant that has ever expressed otherwise.

Welcome aboard.
Carry On!
Snarly

SayWhat

imported post

Open carry for the most part isn't a problem. Ozzy has sent out training materials not to mess with people who are open carrying. I OC'd today on the centennial trail, passed a group of Sheriffs who were doing marine training in the Spokane river. I never even got a second look. And it's not like they could have missed my side arm; black contrasts really well against white.

There are a few communist businesses that don't like OC, so just avoid them and you're fine.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I OC every where I go in and around Spokane north Idaho, XD9mm 4" IWB except for special occasions I carry my Kimber 10mm OWB. I have OCed for the last year and a half with out a single negativeincident. I do not OC at the mall or other places that are posted no guns.

Its time for another Spokane meet up so pick a spot, we could do burgers some eveningit worked for the west side folks, Sonic,DLishor ????

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sirtirithon wrote:
Greetings!

Welcome to OCDO.

OC is legal, see the following link for training bulletins issued to LEO from around the state including Spokane.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=8a4a940c116408ef7ad97472a8f0bcce&action=downloads;cat=1

sirtirithon

imported post

Thanks for all of the information! I would love to attend a Spokane get together. Any weeknight would work for me, weekends aregoing to be tied up here soon. Maybe sometime early June?

I think supporting a restaurant that has shown OC support in the past would be a good idea.

Thanks again!

David.Car

imported post

Orphan wrote:
I OC every where I go in and around Spokane north Idaho, XD9mm 4" IWB except for special occasions I carry my Kimber 10mm OWB. I have OCed for the last year and a half with out a single negativeincident. I do not OC at the mall or other places that are posted no guns.

Its time for another Spokane meet up so pick a spot, we could do burgers some eveningit worked for the west side folks, Sonic,DLishor ????

Have had OC events at The Onion, Cyrus O'Leary's, and Sonic.

All were very friendly with no issues. Sonic has crappy food though :p

As for OC in Spokane. Have been doing it for 2 years. Zero personal incidents.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

OK the downtown Onion it is, what day and time? I'm in BTW

Lets figure out a day and time and I will post it on Spokane Gun Trader.

BobR, Fetch, Dave, Kolat who all is going to make it.

fetch

imported post

Good to read some new names from Spokane. There is not much happening right now. I should be able to make it to the Onion.

David.Car., I don't believe short or long notices make much difference. We have had more then two weeks notice and only a few show up. It is just a fact, people are busy. If you can make a get together fine, if not plan another that you can make.
Think about an OC picnic in a park.

sirtirithon

imported post

I could maybe make tomorrow although it is very short notice. Maybe next wednesday? would sure work better for me. and to be honest i still need to buy an OC holster to be legit! :cool:

dwordinger

imported post

A bit more notice would be nice, but I can make this Wednesday the 19th at 6 PM in the downtown Onion. I'll be out of town for the next two weeks, so for me it's either short notice or none at all.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

OK lets do the 19th at 6 PM downtown Onion.

Someone else plan a picnic or another meeting. I will post on Spokane gun trader.

So far for the 19th we have, anyone else? BobR, Saywhat, wickedspray,are ya coming.?

Fetch

Dwordinger

Orphan

Sirtirithon

Snarleywino

I am sorry to hear that David.car cant make this one he always has good input.

sirtirithon

imported post

I will be there. Got the ok from the wife as long as I bring her dinner home from the onion. I convinced her I am not joining a militia. lol. Looking forward to it.