• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dipped a toe into OC....got my whole foot wet

Julabee Jones

imported post

I live in Calloway County in Western Kentucky. Last week, I carried open for the first time (have had a concealed permit for years), with breakfast at HUDDLE HOUSE, then to Wal-Mart to test the waters.

No comment, no one seemed concerned to see a gun on my side.

Today though, I wore my gun into O'Reilly's Auto Parts, and one of the clerks asked if I was carrying a 9mm, which I was, and which I admitted to him. The other clerk said,"You can't do that in Kentucky". The first clerk was about to tell him that I am an agent of the Federal Government, and can carry regardless, but I stopped him and said, "Yeah, open carry is legal in Kentucky now, and no problem. However, if I'm asked to leave, I will, then will contact management and make them aware of the law".

At that point, another fellow walked in, hearingmost of our conversation. He piped up and said, "Open carry has been legal in Kentucky for years, and if I'm elected county sheriff next Tuesday, I'll be posting notices everywhere that open carry is legal. It's actually the best way to hold crime down."

Yep, it was Howard Duncan, candidate for sheriff in our county. It was at that point he got my vote, and I got a couple of candidate signs for my yard.

Right now, I'm pretty doggoned optimistic about OC here in this county.

Parson Julabee Jones

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Is Rand Paul as pro OC as his dad Ron Paul?
I had to send money just in case they have a seperate terror list for people who
support other Paul's. I don't want to be left off of one if I can help it.

As for waiting 218 years, well better late than never.:celebrate

Unfettered Might

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Is Rand Paul as pro OC as his dad Ron Paul?
I had to send money just in case they have a seperate terror list for people who
support other Paul's. I don't want to be left off of one if I can help it.

As for waiting 218 years, well better late than never.:celebrate
Yes he is strong believer in the Constitution.

Oh we didn't wait, I believe that was when the Kentucky Constitution was ratified?

OC has always been legal here.

Julabee Jones

imported post

"Oh we didn't wait, I believe that was when the Kentucky Constitution was ratified?

OC has always be legal here."

May I ask then, why it was never practiced? I was born and raised in this state (under a shade tree....plan to die under a shade tree too), and had no idea OC had been legal all these years.

To think of the difficulties I've faced, the stress and onerous aggravation, the downright lavish of problems I've had inattempting to conceal those guns all these years! I'm pretty put out about the whole outlandish thing....

Parson Julabee Jones

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

Julabee Jones wrote:
"Oh we didn't wait, I believe that was when the Kentucky Constitution was ratified?

OC has always be legal here."

May I ask then, why it was never practiced? I was born and raised in this state (under a shade tree....plan to die under a shade tree too), and had no idea OC had been legal all these years.

To think of the difficulties I've faced, the stress and onerous aggravation, the downright lavish of problems I've had inattempting to conceal those guns all these years! I'm pretty put out about the whole outlandish thing....

Parson Julabee Jones
People got complacent. Pure and simple. I don't know about any one else on here but my Daddy always carried a gun, so did my Grandmother(albeit in her pocket book when she was out of the house). Me personally, I never carried when I was younger because I was a drinker and knew in my heart that I wasn't responsible enough to take on that burden but those days are long gone (thank you Lord)

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Not state waiting time, individual toe dipping wait time.
Welcome to the new america, like the old one only more oppressed than
even king george would allow.

Time to send a check to the new senator, hope he replaces my dress wearing milk
toast on the judiciary. How I would love to see him carrying on the senate floor so his
'friends' on the other side of isle (i.e both parties) would be to afraid to come in and vote. To see Norton running away with wet pants would bring me to DC to
watch the sausage. Specter has a rifle in his office so it must be legal.