• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show off your rig

Nevada carrier

imported post

Two Blackhawk Paddle platforms, right side is a SERPA CQC level 2 holster carrying my Tarus PT 24/7 PRO DS,left side is a CQC Dual Accessory Rail system each with a mounted carbon fiber double stack magazine case.

dscf0048q.jpg

dscf0045m.jpg

dscf0047ok.jpg

Kathy England

imported post

I made both of these myself. Since I'm a bit of a tomboy and for some reason people find a girl carrying a bit odd, I wanted something nice a girlie for a holster.

The mag case i made with an idea from Tim at Tandy Leather. I highly recommend Tandy if you're looking to do some leather work...great people there.

Kathy

srig.jpg

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kathy England wrote:
I made both of these myself. Since I'm a bit of a tomboy and for some reason people find a girl carrying a bit odd, I wanted something nice a girlie for a holster.

The mag case i made with an idea from Tim at Tandy Leather. I highly recommend Tandy if you're looking to do some leather work...great people there.

Kathy

srig.jpg
Nice holster:) Can I ask your location?

Sabotage70

imported post

flagellum wrote:
Where did you get that fuzzy Velcro?   I can't think of a place that might sell that.
Lowes. Eff Depot. I only say that 'cause my wife works for Lowes. ;):p

Get the heavy duty stuff. You will have to take some scissors and trim the stuff down.

IMG_0590.jpg

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No modifications. I did go and buy a stylish, not duty 5.11 tactical belt in black (not the belt you see). It is very rigid and doesn't allow the "belt loop" holster or "paddle" to move around. All though there is a slight rocking that happens forward to backward within the holster with the slight "cant" I have it at. I might have to try some of that Fancy Velcro stuff LOL.

Also, just the fact that the XDm packs 20 rounds with one in the hole, makes for a heavy grip. Nice gun, but I might go to a XD sub compact with 13 rds.

Overall great holster for a great gun. Lots of weight though.

Kathy England

imported post

petrophase wrote:
Kathy England wrote:

Kathy
Nice holster:) Can I ask your location?
Thanks! :D I'm in North Las Vegas.

Slidell Jim

imported post

Where did you get that fuzzy Velcro? I can't think of a place that might sell that.

you can get velcro in walmart in the "crafts" section, any linen store for making curtains ect, sometimes hardware stores like Ace or TrueValue carry velcro.

BTW Very nice mod, kudos, +1 for ingenuity

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm doing the velcro thing by the way. Should take care of that slight rocking within the holster. Great Idea.

I did try a leather paddle holster for my XDm from Triple K leather and one from Safariland, fit really tight, no movement at all, but couldnt get the darn gun out fast like I like to.

Sabotage70

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
Where did you get that fuzzy Velcro? I can't think of a place that might sell that.

you can get velcro in walmart in the "crafts" section, any linen store for making curtains ect, sometimes hardware stores like Ace or TrueValue carry velcro.

BTW Very nice mod, kudos,   +1 for ingenuity 

Eff Wal-marx. I say that 'cause I really hate that store.

Thanx but I can't take all the credit. I came across the velcro at xdtalk.com. Those guys over there do some pretty cool stuff to there XD's. From melting crayon in lettering on the slide to stippling. Which I would never do. I couldn't bring myself to melt the frame with a soldering iron. Looks cool but I love mine the way it is. The only thing I've done to my pistol beside putting around 2,000 rounds through it. Was putting the large back strap in it. Which fits my hand so much better.

Dangerfish

imported post

Oh God, please get rid of that Scrotus, er Fobus holster man. That piece of @#$% is the worst out there...Uncle mikes and the Serpa aren't even that bad.

I thought they couldnt @#$% up a mag pouch, oh was I wrong...damned thing came apart at the rivets...

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

flagellum wrote:
dchoepp, have you made any modifications to your SERPA to make it so It won't waddle? If so what did you do?

Fuzzy velcro lining the inside.
350 miles north of Nevada here, but I had to chime in since you had a similar idea inside the SERPA.

I used moleskin inside of mine to tighten everything up, and reduce wear on the slide of my GLOCK.

moleskin.jpg

CIMG1166.jpg

flagellum

imported post

Dangerfish wrote:
Oh God, please get rid of that Scrotus, er Fobus holster man. That piece of @#$% is the worst out there...Uncle mikes and the Serpa aren't even that bad.

I thought they couldnt @#$% up a mag pouch, oh was I wrong...damned thing came apart at the rivets...
Did you just mix Fobus with Scrotum? If so I find that absolutely hilarious. :D