• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Fox 23 News - Gov. Henry's veto was a slap in the face to all the people

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Guns-Open-Carry-Law-Vetoed/787GoaFsTkeFeaEBi2pT0A.cspx

Guns: Open Carry Law Vetoed

javascript:void(0);Governor Brad Henryvetoed the open carry law in Oklahoma. Concealed carry permits would have allowed people to openly carry weapons. But for now, that's not going to happen.
"It was a slap in the face to all the people who had their concealed carry weapons because it was a vote of no confidence to those people," gun owner Bob Long said.

Some obviously very heated when it comes to being able to carry their weapons, the way they want to.

. . .

" If i'm forced to pull my weapon or injury or kill a person that's going to be on Brad Henry. Because if i had it on my hip and that person saw me with it on my hip theres a real good chance he's not going to go in that store," Long said.

Will Oklahoma follow the other states that have the open carry law? That's all long wants.

" Other americans in other states Arizona for instance they have that right i think we should have the same right we're just as american as they are," Long said.

Packer fan

imported post

"One of the problems Governor Brad Henry had with the law, is he said it will make it more difficult for law enforcement to sift through the good guys and the bad guys."

I don't buy this either. Are the State Troopers in OK that dumb? How do they know who is the GG or BG now? Wow, I would think that the LEO's would want to know who is armed or not as soon as they walk up.

All this isis a power trip.

GWbiker

imported post

Packer fan wrote:
"One of the problems Governor Brad Henry had with the law, is he said it will make it more difficult for law enforcement to sift through the good guys and the bad guys.
Wow, Oklahoma law enforcement must be MILES behind in smarts when compared to Arizona LEO's who have no trouble with good guys vs. bad guys.

No blood in the streets, no daily shoot outs and no hospital ER's packed with GSW victims in Arizona. and we OC W/O permit.

Bullbuster

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Packer fan wrote:
"One of the problems Governor Brad Henry had with the law, is he said it will make it more difficult for law enforcement to sift through the good guys and the bad guys.
Wow, Oklahoma law enforcement must be MILES behind in smarts when compared to Arizona LEO's who have no trouble with good guys vs. bad guys.

No blood in the streets, no daily shoot outs and no hospital ER's packed with GSW victims in Arizona. and we OC W/O permit.

If the Gov wants to learn real facts from lessions learnd from PRO Open Carry states look at Alaska, Vermont, and if I recall the recent addition of Arizona who HAVE NO PERMIT REQUIREMENT to carry concealed or openly. I don't see headlines about the total anarchy and bloodshed filling the streets their. Its all a bunch of politaical BS and a power trip on the Gov's part. I'd like to know just how much his wallet grew in the time it sat on his desk till he vetoed it.