Thread: Open Carry Tea Party Run

Post imported post

Howdy everyone!.

Today, Saturday, the 15th of May, the towns of Newcastle and Upton WY, had a Rifle run. The run was organized by the Weston County Sons of Liberty and the run went from Upton, WY to Newcastle, WY. At the end of the run the runners and all who attended crossed the railroad tracks in Newcastle and met at railroad park across from Wyoming Auto parts and then proceeded to march to the courthouse/county seat. 100+ citizens showed up in rainy, drizzly weather and heard speeches from Gubernatorial candidate Ron Micheli, county sheriff Bill Ware, Under Sheriff Bryan Colvard, and Elija Schlup, who is the president of the Weston County Sons of Liberty and the most focused young man I have met in the 50 short years I have been on this earth. The speeches all referenced the second amendment, and tenth amendment directly and a large percentage of the folks attending sported their open carry pistols, revolvers and rifles. My favorite was the little lady who had her cricket in pink! A peaceful demonstration and good time was had by all!
    Wayne Borngesser

Post imported post

I was there and it was great!! It is fantastic to live in Wyoming where we still have a grasp of freedom. Here in Weston Co. we have, running for Sheriff, a man who is a strong Constitutionalist, Bryan Colvard. We need to elect him as our next Sheriff. All those who whine and complain need to get into the battle and get some real "hope and change" for your counties. It was great to see so many show up in that kind of weather and carrying their long guns as well as handguns. Long live the Republic.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Any news videos/articles regarding the event?

Post imported post

Television cameras were present. I am not sure what stations they were from. Probably, our newspaper will carry something about it. It was an exciting time. One county at a time we can take back America.

Post imported post

Yep, just got a good video link and story from Fox News:
    http://www.kevn.com/gun-supports-rally-in-wyoming
    Enjoy! I'm the fat guy wearing the yellow shirt at 1:51 to the right of center. Whoo Hoo! I'm famous now............not.

Contrast that story with this one from KOTA:

http://www.kotatv.com/Global/category.asp?C=168410&clipId=&topVideoCatN o=163047&am p;topVideoCatNoB=163152&topVideoCatNoC=168409& amp;topVideoCatNoD=124443&topVideoCa tNoE=168901&clipId=4789797&topVideoCatNo=1 63047&autoStart=true

Just a little spin in story above compared to Fox IMHO!

Post imported post

Yes, there is SOME spin to it huh? Something else that is interesting, all of the people I saw in the video were "white". The cameraman was standing right in front of my wife and I, and filming, but we did not appear on the "news" clip. Could it be because my wife is Hispanic? Hmmm I wonder.

Post imported post

Anything is possible, but I rather doubt it. Demographics of Newcastle are predominately Caucasian/white anyway, so that's what one might expect to see in typical news coverage...

Also, camera guys are 'programmed' to look for action shots to draw interest/viewers, so if you happen to be just standing around or doing something uninteresting, you aren't likely to be an intended camera shot.

Just sayin'.

Post imported post

Note typo in the KEVN-TV story link for the rally video - Supports should be supporters

<http://www.kevn.com/gun-supporters-rally-in-wyoming>

Note too the events scheduled for Independence day in Jackson and the parks. Plans are moving well and questions are being resolved. Stay tuned, details to follow.

Burtonsville Bob

Post imported post

Yeah that could be, we were just standing there like everyone else was, not doing anything radical. I believe though, that the media wants to paint us all as "angry white male racists" It doesn't fit their agenda tohave "other people" present. The Fox affiliate scanned and showed us and many others. A true representation of who was there.