• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drexel Hill?

Dreamer

imported post

I may be going to a concert at Maggie O'Neill's Pub, in Drexel Hill on Monday , May 25th. I was wondering if anyone has any experience OCing in the Drexel Hill area, so I know what to expect.

I know it's a very "affluent" community, but I have no idea as to the "political climate" there--either with the citizens or LEO's. IF anyone has any comments or experience there, please let me know.

This particular concert is for a musician that does mostly political satire (he leans to the left) so I imagine I'll be the only person in the audience who actually believes in the 2A, and I don't want to cause any trouble. I'm not trying to make a "statement" (I actually LOVE this guy's work for the most part), but there is no way I'm traveling that close to the Philly area after dark without being "prepared".

I'm wondering, considering the audience for this event, if CC isn't a wiser decision. I can just see a few dozen trust-fund lefties frantically dialing 911 to call in a MWAG, and then having to talk my way out of a situation with the local "boys in blue", and I DON'T want to have that happen.

I have a NC CHP and a PA non-res LTCF, just FYI.

Thanks in advance...

david.ross

imported post

Dreamer,

You should beware criminals from Philly seem out to the surrounding areas. Sheriffs and police generally know the laws regarding open carry, especially after last year's MPOETC training required by all police.

If you're worried about MWAG calls, you should call the area in which you're traveling before hand to make sure officers/dispatch knows to ask people if the person is acting unlawfully.

If you're confronted with a 'I'm going to run your gun' attitude, stay quiet and mention case law, depending on the situation mention a lawsuit.

Police in the area should be kind, courteous, and professional.

Just out of curiosity, which area are you visiting specifically?

Dreamer

imported post

I don't know the area at all. Maggie O'Neill's Pub is at 1062 Pontiac Road in Drexel Hill, PA. I recently read somewhere that it is supposed to be a pretty upscale neighborhood, but like I said, I don't know the area. That's why I asked for opinions from locals...

The performer I'm going to see is Roy Zimmerman. He's a little to the left with some of his material, but anyone who does political satire, writes songs that protest the War in Iraq and Afghanistan, and flips a lyrical bird to oppression, greed and war is OK with me...

I do plan to ask him if he plans to update his material and bust the chops of the current administration (like he did the last one) about their own particular brand of hypocricy, graft, and revolving-door lobbyist-to-cabinet appointments. Somehow, I get the feeling he's a bit of a "true believer" and probably will choose to give the current batch of crooks, thieves, and puppets a pass in the name of "Change"...

I might even wear the "Oligarchy" t-shirt I designed... ;)

Unless folks think it might be considered "confrontational"...:what:

c45man

imported post

Lived in Drexel Hill for many years. Drexel Hill is part of Upper Darby Township that is not a bad area compared to many other parts of the township. The chief of police is a self promoting media hound that doesn't like the concept of civilians carrying guns. He has never seen a news camera he didn't like and wastes no time spewing his anti-gun rhetoric when given the chance. If one open carries in that township, hopefully they will experience a police officer that is familiar with a state wide training order that advises law enforcement officers that open carry is in fact legal within the Commonwealth and no permit is required.

Dreamer

imported post

Well, I have a NC CHP and a PA non-res LTCF, so even if they try that "do you have a permit" nonsense, I can shut it down quickly.

But I'm thinking maybe CC might be a better idea, judging from what I'm hearing, and considering the fact that much of this performer's audience may very well be brainwashed anti-2A sheeple.

I wouldn't want to cause a stampede... :uhoh: