• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On Target in Kazoo

bobn911

imported post

Ok, yesterday I and a friend went to on target to look around. From past conversations on here and other places, we both concealed before we went in. Towards the end of our visit, I asked the good looking young gal with the brown hair if it was ok to open carry in the store. She asked if we had our ccw and I said yes, we have our CPL's.Then she said then we are required to carry concealed. A tall skinny guy working next to her piped up and said if you have a ccw, then by law you are required by law to conceal. He is the one with short red hair and round shape glasses. I told both of them that was not true. I then looked to my friend and asked him if needed to shop more. He said nope. We left.More than likely never to return. Might be a good spot to have an open carry picnik. Later, Bob

office888

imported post

bobn911 wrote:
Ok, yesterday I and a friend went to on target to look around. From past conversations on here and other places, we both concealed before we went in. Towards the end of our visit, I asked the good looking young gal with the brown hair if it was ok to open carry in the store. She asked if we had our ccw and I said yes, we have our CPL's. Then she said then we are required to carry concealed. A tall skinny guy working next to her piped up and said if you have a ccw, then by law you are required by law to conceal. He is the one with short red hair and round shape glasses. I told both of them that was not true. I then looked to my friend and asked him if needed to shop more. He said nope. We left. More than likely never to return. Might be a good spot to have an open carry picnik. Later, Bob

I know who you speak of.

Honestly, she doesn't know her stuff when it comes to firearms.

Speak to Sheila, I talked to her about open-carry for about 45 minutes one night. She's the older woman who shoots competition pistol shooting with a 1911.

I open-carry into On Target frequently.

Never a question, never a care.

-Richard-

bobn911

imported post

office888, I try to keep an open mind about a lot of stuff, but if I were in business to sell equiptment as they are, I believe I should know the correct laws about that business. They were very adament about what they thought they knew. I'll admit, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I don't like dealing with that attitude. My wife and I are coaches for Special Olympics, but I can deal with that because I know going in what's coming at me.Part of my deal was, I was going to purchase a new Sig P226 from them at a later date. That ain't gonna happen now.

73, kb8yac

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Just OC and don't ask.

Asking seems to bring out the stupid in people at times as it gives them a feeling of power.

The owner is fine with OC and the employees should know that.

+1 to that. After hearing that the "verdict" was in a while ago, that they'd respect OC and allow it in their stores, I've OC'd in there every time since, and without any issue. I will continue to OC there and should they try kicking me out or taking issue with it after it's been clearly stated that they'll respect OC... that would be the last dollar they get from me. Until then, I'll still go there and I'll still OC.

...And not that this particular gal and guy who "thought they knew what they were talking about" are going to read or see this, but... here's to them both:

tsk.gif
tsk.gif
bigun2.gif

bobn911

imported post

I may go back in there, but I found what I needed a mile or so down the road for $7.00 a box cheaper. Later, Bob

PS: autosurgoen,can you give me the addy for the gun shop near you. ain't been there yet. Thanks, Bob

office888

imported post

bobn911 wrote:
office888, I try to keep an open mind about a lot of stuff, but if I were in business to sell equiptment as they are, I believe I should know the correct laws about that business. They were very adament about what they thought they knew. I'll admit, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I don't like dealing with that attitude. My wife and I are coaches for Special Olympics, but I can deal with that because I know going in what's coming at me. Part of my deal was, I was going to purchase a new Sig P226 from them at a later date. That ain't gonna happen now.

73, kb8yac

Agreed that nothing pains me more than staff who don't know the laws, regulations, and information for the equipment they sell.

I can understand telling the sheeple they need a CPL to carry a firearm, it's easier that way from a gun shops standpoint. Rather than spending 45 minutes asking questions about open carry, they deflect the problem and the customer is out the door.

However, misinformation, whether deliberate or accidental...that's just ridiculous.

I think we need to drop by some trifolds to On Target. If you asked politely, they'd probably put them by the register.

Sounds like some of the staff should read through them too.

:)

-Richard-
73 de KD8NPB

autosurgeon

imported post

office888 wrote:
bobn911 wrote:
office888, I try to keep an open mind about a lot of stuff, but if I were in business to sell equiptment as they are, I believe I should know the correct laws about that business. They were very adament about what they thought they knew. I'll admit, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I don't like dealing with that attitude. My wife and I are coaches for Special Olympics, but I can deal with that because I know going in what's coming at me.Part of my deal was, I was going to purchase a new Sig P226 from them at a later date. That ain't gonna happen now.

73, kb8yac

Agreed that nothing pains me more than staff who don't know the laws, regulations, and information for the equipment they sell.

I can understand telling the sheeple they need a CPL to carry a firearm, it's easier that way from a gun shops standpoint. Rather than spending 45 minutes asking questions about open carry, they deflect the problem and the customer is out the door.

However, misinformation, whether deliberate or accidental...that's just ridiculous.

I think we need to drop by some trifolds to On Target. If you asked politely, they'd probably put them by the register.

Sounds like some of the staff should read through them too.

:)

-Richard-
73 de KD8NPB
Since you go there quite a bit if you would like to ask I will provide the trifolds.

bobn911

imported post

autosurgeon, would you like to meet at your favorite hangout in Lawrence this coming saturday around noon or so? Bill, I, and a new guy are gonna make a big circle doing the gun shop thing. Lawrence, D&R, then On Target. New guy needs a holster for his revolver. We will be having track practice until 11:30 in Cassopolis, then beat feetin' it north. I'll PM my cell to you. Later, Bob

autosurgeon

imported post

bobn911 wrote:
autosurgeon, would you like to meet at your favorite hangout in Lawrence this coming saturday around noon or so? Bill, I, and a new guy are gonna make a big circle doing the gun shop thing. Lawrence, D&R, then On Target. New guy needs a holster for his revolver. We will be having track practice until 11:30 in Cassopolis, then beat feetin' it north. I'll PM my cell to you. Later, Bob
I would love too except that is the date of the MOC membership meeting and I will be at that all day :?

sevenplusone

imported post

Makes me glad I live in Grand Rapids where I have Ace Rylees, Al & Bobs, 2 Gander Mountains and **SILVER BULLET** available to me. All of which are OC friendly or at least haven't taken issue withit.

Silver Bullet has a very common-sense sign that I'm a big fan of.
"That's a nice carry gun you have there, just please keep it in a holster while in the showroom."

Bronson

imported post

I've had conversations with Sheila and Dick (part time guy) about open carry and I OC nearly everytime I go in there. I typically go at off times because it tends to get busy. I normally work weekends and I couldn't believe how packed they were the last time I was able to go there on a Sat.

I've never had any trouble but if I rememeber the next time I'm in there I'll mention to Sheila that some of the younger employees are giving incorrect information regarding carry laws.

Bronson

ghostrider

imported post

bobn911 wrote:
I may go back in there, but I found what I needed a mile or so down the road for $7.00 a box cheaper. Later, Bob

PS: autosurgoen,can you give me the addy for the gun shop near you. ain't been there yet. Thanks, Bob
You should contact the owner and inform them that they lost a sale because of the employees actions of spreading misinformation.

hopnpop

imported post

bobn911 wrote:

K&D Arms
106 N Paw Paw St.

PO Box 106

Lawrence MI, 49064

269-674-3700