• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stainless...can we see your verison of the OC pamphlet?

cabman1

imported post

choover wrote:
Nobody owns open carry as long as he is not using MOC's name he is free to do what he wants to promote it.

Agreed as long as he isn't setting at a moc booth handing out his flyer or imply he is representing moc in any way when he is handing out his flyer.That is correct and all I wanted to express.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

mel5051 wrote:
You know, I am getting abit tired of MOC, Inc. putting their business on OCDO.

Mel

With all due respect, and I do respect you, This diddnt have anything to do with any MOC official buisiness.

MOC got in on the Bass Pro thing, after I pointed it out here on OCDO. ThenThis thread happened.

For what its worth, I started a thread on MOC based on your comment, in an effort to satisfy everyone.

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?topic=227.msg1309#new

RandyK

imported post

T Vance wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
i think stainless1911's OC information flyer is a well written and informative
document presenting the basic ins and outs, pros and cons, whys and why nots of OC.
he didnt give legal advice, and he didnt implicate MOC in any way, shape of form.
I agree.

There was some confusion with people who didn't go to the seminar and only had stainless's flyer.

Wouldn't the best course of action have been to maybe have a couple people proofread it for accuracy before handing out to everybody. Instead it was just one persons opinion of OC. If it was good maybe we would hand it out at all of the events.

autosurgeon

imported post

mel5051 wrote:

MOC, Inc. has a forum of their own. Go there, stay there, and keep your business there.

MOC, Inc. isn't the know all be all of Open Carry.  This is an OCDO Michigan Forum and is not under the control of MOC, Inc. .

While Stainless produced a flyer 'unvetted' by MOC, Inc. they do not have the right to denigrate him for trying to do his part to educate the public on open carry.  The document contains spelling errors but does not contain anything at all that is not relevent to the cause.

The self appointed denizens of MOC, Inc. should take their opinions to their own forum and refrain from attempting to take over OCDO with their nonsense.

Mel
mel as you may have noticed this thread was not started by the MOC leadership. please note that we are trying to keep our business in our own house. however we cannot control all of our members nor should we imop.

as far as i am concerned we can post any relevent conversation over here that we choose to. we can also respond as we see fit within the COC of this forum.
I do agree that the leadership should not post some things that pertain to moc members only. And we are not as far as I can see.

mel5051

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
mel5051 wrote:

MOC, Inc. has a forum of their own. Go there, stay there, and keep your business there.

MOC, Inc. isn't the know all be all of Open Carry. This is an OCDO Michigan Forum and is not under the control of MOC, Inc. .

While Stainless produced a flyer 'unvetted' by MOC, Inc. they do not have the right to denigrate him for trying to do his part to educate the public on open carry. The document contains spelling errors but does not contain anything at all that is not relevent to the cause.

The self appointed denizens of MOC, Inc. should take their opinions to their own forum and refrain from attempting to take over OCDO with their nonsense.

Mel
mel as you may have noticed this thread was not started by the MOC leadership. please note that we are trying to keep our business in our own house. however we cannot control all of our members nor should we imop.

as far as i am concerned we can post any relevent conversation over here that we choose to. we can also respond as we see fit within the COC of this forum.
I do agree that the leadership should not post some things that pertain to moc members only. And we are not as far as I can see.
I am quite amused that this is coming from one of MOC, Inc. worst offenders here. Hypocrite.

malignity

imported post

However, the simple fact remains, that it seems every time MOC posts here as an official capacity that it only seems to create drama. If you think that posting this kind of stuff publically is helping your cause, you're sorely mistaken. I hate to say this, but this right here is why people like me have not joined MOC yet.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Just so I understand correctly, any event that's MOC sanctioned should not be posted here on OCDO?

As for the handouts, why not just print out what's been available/accessible to the public?

http://www.miopencarry.org/moc_files/brochure.pdf

I do, all the time.

Adding a page worth of reasons and benifits can only help. Especially when dealing with an audience with a higher than normal consentration of permit holders.

The easiest way to establish a solid base of OCers in the state, is to convert the CCers into OCers. You dont have to convince them to carry a gun, or that guns arent evil. They already carry.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

malignity wrote:
However, the simple fact remains, that it seems every time MOC posts here as an official capacity that it only seems to create drama. If you think that posting this kind of stuff publically is helping your cause, you're sorely mistaken. I hate to say this, but this right here is why people like me have not joined MOC yet.
Me too. That one guy Jeff got all bent out of shape about the warren picnic, which I had fun at, and then when it looks like it's going good he jumps in and starts to cuddle up with the guy he blasted. While at the same time MOC takes control of the event in Durand away from lill freak and it falls flat on it's face. I won't waste my money on a bunch of whiney brats. The Warren picnic was almost as big as that rally in Lansing last month. And it cost a whole lot less to put on.

Recoil88

imported post

Everyone here is about OC right? So MOC should be glad that people are putting out information about OC on their own. We are all serving the same purpose correct? That is to excersise our right to OC and educate the public on it.Lets all get along and work together on this common cause.

1245A Defender

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
choover wrote:
Nobody owns open carry as long as he is not using MOC's name he is free to do what he wants to promote it.

Agreed as long as he isn't setting at a moc booth handing out his flyer or imply he is representing moc in any way when he is handing out his flyer.That is correct and all I wanted to express.
i think it is interesting that MOC and OCDO are on the same side,,,
but MOC doesnt want to be affiliated with stainless1911's flyer..
so i looked up the MOC trifold and read their information and see this also!

this is OCDO's family picture! does MOC have permission to use it?

i think it is true,,, we are all just one big happy family!
as long as we are all working toward the same goal,,
another source of OC information, is just one more good thing!!!

cabman1

imported post

malignity wrote:
By telling him he cannot hand out fliers at an MOC event, I would call that a negative response about his handout.

In no way did I say it could not be handed out at an Michigan Open Carry event I said it would need to be approved by an Michigan Open Carry board member!!!

Where is the negative response at?

malignity

imported post

So wait, just because he's a member, he needs permission? Maybe I'll go and hand out fliers instead. I don't need permission from anyone. That's ridiculous. MOC needs to drop this kind of attitude if you want to work together with OCDO.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
malignity wrote:
By telling him he cannot hand out fliers at an MOC event, I would call that a negative response about his handout.

In no way did I say it could not be handed out at an Michigan Open Carry event I said it would need to be approved by an Michigan Open Carry board member!!!

If he's not doing it on MOC part then why does he need the approval? He can do what ever he wants. It is a free country. Or did you forget that? Oh yea it is only a free country for you when you want to do something that is your right. But if it is his right it is not a right it is a wrong?

We have a new emperor.

autosurgeon

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
malignity wrote:

I think they may be refering to zigg's comments and while he is an MOC member he is not on the board.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
malignity wrote:

I think they may be refering to zigg's comments and while he is an MOC member he is not on the board.
I see you are not only smart but psychic too. Tell me what am I thinking?