• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not necessarily open carry, but we do discuss 2A/missouri outdoors/laws and legislation

Broondog

imported post

i have eliminated all of my enemies. :D maybe i could get some new ones.

i just had a thought.....

you are "just down the street" from me. how many other OCDO'ers are in the "area"? we could have us a meet somewhere like those big city folks. i dunno about Bonne Terre but Desloge is cool.

it would give me an excuse to go that direction. i work and shop (mostly) in Herky/Festus-Crystal.

again, just a thought.

Carnivore

imported post

I thought Bonne Terre was good to go also, Leadington is good, but ParkHills is a no go. Most of my activity is actually on Hwy 67 nodding off behind the wheel on my way to Pevely work. a meet anywhere would work for me, but i work crazy schedules.

Broondog

imported post

i thought Goose Creek area to Herky was a tough run. PH to Pevely has got me beat!

and my schedule (2p-10p Wed-Sun) keeps me from hitting those STL Starbucks meets.

Bonne Terre is cool? they don't have codes posted (that i have found) and i have not personally looked them up at the courthouse.

Carnivore

imported post

Maybe you and I could hook up in the near future, and take a trip to the St. Francois county ,Washington, and Jefferson county courthouses and try to culminate all the ordinances we can to put togethera south of the city updated record of standing ordinances on OC . is that possible just by going to the county seats?

SavageOne

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
I thought Bonne Terre was good to go also, Leadington is good, but ParkHills is a no go. Most of my activity is actually on Hwy 67 nodding off behind the wheel on my way to Pevely work. a meet anywhere would work for me, but i work crazy schedules.
I live in SEMO(way close to AR) but if you guys ever get to TJ's in Pevely on 67, I will definitely get there. TJ's has the best damn wings I've ever tasted. The wings alone would probably be enough to get a couple of buddies who normally CC to OC just to have a reason to go get some wings.

Carnivore

imported post

I work at the Glass plant just north of TJ's I've only ever stopped in there once to eat, although I've had their wings a few times at work when they get ordered out. A few fellas at work eat em by the bucketloads, another place that has world class wings is Holties a little farther north i believe Imperial or Barnhart, we've been known to order out from there also. I won't be on days for another week, are they at TJ's cool with OC? and can youbring up a Pevely ordinance on OC ? I'm not good for more than 1 beer with foodif that, due to my longdrive south through the gauntlet. and are you familiar with the Biker crowd there ?

Carnivore

imported post

Broondog wrote:
i have eliminated all of my enemies. :D maybe i could get some new ones.

i just had a thought.....

you are "just down the street" from me. how many other OCDO'ers are in the "area"? we could have us a meet somewhere like those big city folks. i dunno about Bonne Terre but Desloge is cool.

it would give me an excuse to go that direction. i work and shop (mostly) in Herky/Festus-Crystal.

again, just a thought.
I only know of 1 Old timer that OC around here although I have seen a couple from time to time their not aquaintances of mine.

Broondog

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Maybe you and I could hook up in the near future, and take a trip to the St. Francois county ,Washington, and Jefferson county courthouses and try to culminate all the ordinances we can to put togethera south of the city updated record of standing ordinances on OC . is that possible just by going to the county seats?

i'm not sure if that can be done from the county seats. i do however carry docs in my truck (in a nice little folder) for Festus/Crystal, Herky, Pevely, Hillsboro and Desloge. there may be a couple others in there but i'm not sure (truck is in the shop and i can't access the folder right now). and i only keep Pevely docs on the chance i have to show a LEO what an ordinance banning OC looks like. i can't remember Hillboro's code for sure but.....

Good to Go : Festus/Crystal, Herky and Desloge.

No Go : Pevely, Ste Gen, Farmington, Park Hills and Imperial

Unsure at this very moment : Hillsboro, Desoto, Arnold and Bonne Terre

i rarely go much further in any direction so this is my area of concern.

that's not to say that i am against any type of get together. my gig is at the Cracker Barrel in Herky and my favorite fun store is Dunn's, right down the street from your gig.

Bug Eater

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
I work at the Glass plant just north of TJ's I've only ever stopped in there once to eat, although I've had their wings a few times at work when they get ordered out. A few fellas at work eat em by the bucketloads, another place that has world class wings is Holties a little farther north i believe Imperial or Barnhart, we've been known to order out from there also. I won't be on days for another week, are they at TJ's cool with OC? and can youbring up a Pevely ordinance on OC ? I'm not good for more than 1 beer with foodif that, due to my longdrive south through the gauntlet. and are you familiar with the Biker crowd there ?
Well, it may be pointless now, but the biker crowd at TJ's is usually pretty laid back.

Carnivore

imported post

laid back was my assumption, I know a lot of folks that frequent TJ's , and have never heard anything ill about the place . I'll ask around a bit at work, and find out if any one knows specifically about ever seeing OCers at the place, if that don't pan out, I may just stop in and ask. They do infact make a lot of money on food sales, so that may be in our favor.