• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Fair July 4th, 2010

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Freedom Fair is put on by a non profit organization. http://www.freedomfair.com/about-tec.html

They are not renting the street, sidewalk or any other area along Ruston Way that I can tell.

They have a 'voluntary admission' to the street. I would actually say this is a request for donation. "The annual 4th of July Freedom Fair is made possible by the support of the City of Tacoma, generous sponsors, and individual donations made by the public at event entry gates, or mailed to: The Tacoma Events Commission, 708 Broadway, Suite 106, Tacoma, WA 98402-3778."

There being multiple jurisdictionallaw enforcemnt covering Ruston.

From what I can tell the non profit is not paying the wages of LEO during the event.

On the City of Tacoma website I do not even see a permit for the Freedom Fair. NO PERMIT?

Therefore, on July 4th Ruston way is a public place, open to the public, supervised and controled by the city of Tacoma and in no way whatsoever is a private affair.

State preemption rules and OC or CC is the law.

Therefore, forum members of OCDO will be gagthering for the greater good of the open carry movement to promote the greater rights of man, the state and United States Constitution and Freedom in general. Come one come all, bring your families and enjoy!

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
A few of my police officer friends will be attending, off duty, to show their support for the citizen's right to carry.
Are they going to open carry?
Yep. They'll be off duty, but they're OCing. They wanted to go off duty so people don't think they're present for official duties. They're Pierce County Deputies.

amzbrady

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
A few of my police officer friends will be attending, off duty, to show their support for the citizen's right to carry.
Yep. They'll be off duty, but they're OCing. They wanted to go off duty so people don't think they're present for official duties. They're Pierce County Deputies.
Nice to hear that some LEO will be off duty O/C.

Mainsail

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Will they be wearing their kilts?

Aaron1124

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
They're not Scots, but it's quite possible!

Aryk45XD

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
They're not Scots, but it's quite possible!
OMG, that's awesome and funny. I'm pretty sure I can and will be there.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
+1 Can we import your friends to work for Bellingham PD?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Times & Places to gather....

Tacoma Freedom Fair (click link for map)

Ok here is times if you are OCing and whant to hang for a few minutes we can. By all means bring your families and don't feel obligated to hang out together, but if you will be OCing and just want to be reassured that others are there then the following times and places is where I will try to be....

2:00pm At the start of the Les Davis Pier (Air show is from 1:30-3:30)

5:00pm The RAM parking lot

8:00pm Old Town Dock

10:00 Katie Downs parking lot

69Charger

I will be there. Carry I will, openly, in an OWB holster, under a coat. If it looks like all will be good with open carry, the coat will come off. I will not rely on the fact that the LEOs at the FREEDOM fair will be up on the understanding of open carry there. THE LAW. AND OUR RITES. I am taking the bus so if S--- hits my fan, Its a long walk home.
Just can't tell for sure, at this point, that all will end up in the open carry's favor. :(
I want to test the waters (observe and maybe question) first, before committing.
Its just the way I am going to go about it. I support you all in what ever way you approach this.
Have a good and safe 4th my friends. :)
Dave

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Hope to....

I will be there. Carry I will, openly, in an OWB holster, under a coat. If it looks like all will be good with open carry, the coat will come off. I will not rely on the fact that the LEOs at the FREEDOM fair will be up on the understanding of open carry there. THE LAW. AND OUR RITES. I am taking the bus so if S--- hits my fan, Its a long walk home.
Just can't tell for sure, at this point, that all will end up in the open carry's favor. :(
I want to test the waters (observe and maybe question) first, before committing.
Its just the way I am going to go about it. I support you all in what ever way you approach this.
Have a good and safe 4th my friends. :)
Dave

Hope to run into you Dave.... I will have my video/audio running!

69Charger

gogodawgs :)

If you don't recognize me, just look for the hat. :) Hope to catch up with you and see how its all going. :)
My oldest son has a cold so he is watching my house to make sure the neighbors don't burn it down. (you know, with then illegal in Tacoma fireworks)
Dave

Last edited:

Batousaii

Weather permitting

My wife and i want to go too. I will likely be wearing the old six gun on a straight belt. it 1/2 way conceals under my coat (or fully under my duster), Open carry if weather looks OK. ~ We will look for ya guys there and say Hi.
- If it's not raining too bad we will likely be there :) - If it starts pouring, then we will be at home with beer.

HAPPY 4th Of July !

Bat