• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next move

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

What to do, what to do? How should we move forward from here? Apparently we need to do rather large events for people to not give us a hard time and make us look like there isn't any support for us out there. I know that we need a website and mailing list before the next event and we need to plan it for at least a month in advance. What event could we do, and where can we do it? I'm thinking maybe some sort of fundraiser/awareness day for some organization? Perhaps we could get something like habitat for humanity on board or something?! opinions?

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

doorbell wrote:
I don't think you need a website. (yet)
Make a Google group or something that is free and low maintenance.

A website can come later.

You have this forum.
Well, if we don't have a website it could be just another thing that the anti's can rip into us about. We need this to be professional and transparent. This is incredibly hard to do.

crdonov

imported post

I think the Habitat fr Hummanity would be a good idea it would show the community that people that carry handguns in the openare not all criminals and volient people, maybe talk with Cabelas and see if someone or a few people can have a table outside for people to sign up for a mailing list or website ( discussion board? )then when there are events planned mailers could be sent or a email event could be sent.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

crdonov wrote:
I think the Habitat fr Hummanity would be a good idea it would show the community that people that carry handguns in the openare not all criminals and volient people, maybe talk with Cabelas and see if someone or a few people can have a table outside for people to sign up for a mailing list or website ( discussion board? )then when there are events planned mailers could be sent or a email event could be sent.
Now thats an idea! but who (besides me) would be willing to work the table?

inkedcook

imported post

shanebelanger wrote:
crdonov wrote:
Now thats an idea! but who (besides me) would be willing to work the table?
I would be willing to support, and volunteer my time and energy to any event(s) that were wanting to be put on in the Presque Isle area.

ACAP - Aroostook County Action Program is a very good organization working to benefit under privilaged people in the area. If a fundraiser of some sort could be organized for thier direct benefit, it would be a PR dream... Just an idea.

ep0k

imported post

I have experience developing websites/ web applications for the military. It's been a few years and I'm kind of rusty but I'd be happy to provide what expertise I do have.

Let me know if you're interested.